IB bracket order problem with v865.5

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by dcriese, Dec 20, 2006.

1. gr8stock

gr8stock

The problem with IB is that they have too many programmers that have nothing better to do. All these new versions are absolutely useless, only cause problems.

It is ridiculous to have new version almost every week.
    No other business can run like this. These programmers will take this company down. Save it before it is too late.

Solution: fire these programmers and save our commission.

#11     Dec 20, 2006
  2. Chriz

Chriz

I disagree. I find these postings about errors in new TWS versions very useful.
    If IB comes out with a new build i wait a few days or even weeks and follow the posts here on ET. I only update if a new version seems to be bugfree.

#12     Dec 21, 2006
  3. Tums

Tums

How many people actually use those TWS "features"?

I do everything through 3rd party programs -- I use Brackettrader as the DOM for order entry, and a Charting software for graphs.

I don't use any of these "new" features.

May be IB can put these new features in separate modules. Whoever wants them can download and install them on top of the basic TWS?

#13     Dec 21, 2006
  4. YES! a "TWS Lite" would be heaven.

#14     Dec 21, 2006
  5. Pete - IB

Pete - IB Interactive Brokers

This bug is fixed and posted in TWS 865.6.
    Stand-alone build will be posted shortly.

#15     Dec 21, 2006
  6. mg_mg

mg_mg

How can we make IB publish a TWS Lite version?

#16     Dec 21, 2006
  7. Good question. Start by asking what 'Lite' means to different ppl. I mean, when you do use other tools for entry, charting and analysis, the only thing left for TWS is to act as a conduit between IB and the tools.
    Otoh, some would find it awkward not to be able to view and enter orders in the brokers own interface.

Releasing modules for different tasks and let the user choose which ones to activate, is the best way to proceed for IB. Also for maintainability purposes, not having to release a complete new build only because there was a bug in the booktrader.

Maybe when a 3rd party would produce a 'core' app and more than 50% of the users were going to use it, they will listen.

Ursa..

#17     Dec 21, 2006