IB BookTrader not updating??

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by $$$lover, Jan 24, 2007.

1. def

def Sponsor

I worked out with the previous poster that nothing was wrong with the booktrader. The booktrader prices update when the market moves. If the market isn't moving then only the sizes will change. The prices will remain as is.

#31     Jan 29, 2007
  2. $$$lover

$$$lover

Hi Def, as I do many times in trading, I do in life...which is I jumped the gun...by this I mean that although I said things were fine, they are now back to not working, Booktrader that is, same problem as before.

Ofcourse if prices are not changing then there is no update, but I can see prices and bid/offer contract amounts changing on tws, as I have both instances open, at the same time...that is tws and booktrader open simultaniously both showing the same contract from the same exchange...in my particular case, I have the EUR march 07 globex and while I see it update on tws it doesnt on booktrader.....sorry to bother you again, but it seems I am not the only one with the problem. Even if its only a few of us, or at least the ones reporting it here on ET, it is still a problem.

See ya.

#32     Jan 29, 2007
  3. def

def Sponsor

just because the inside b/a updates on the TWS does not mean it needs to update on the booktrader if the price is already on the ladder. The sizes of the bid and ask should update but not the prices. Are you saying the sizes aren't updating as well?

#33     Jan 29, 2007
  4. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

$$$lover,

Check your booktrader colors. Set last price background to black or some other high contrast color when armed.

#34     Jan 29, 2007
  5. $$$lover

$$$lover

Nothing at all updates....as always, unless I use the "re-center" button as a refresh button as you would trying to "update" or "refresh" a page.

#35     Jan 29, 2007
  6. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Oh, in that case, disregard last suggestion.

#36     Jan 29, 2007
  7. stfreak

stfreak

so def, I´m not talking about the booktraders failure to update prices either. It does...actually very acurate, but I don´t wanna use booktrader just for watching the inside going up and down, I need the market depth....and that´s the actual problem:

the Market Depth does not update. It freezes after some seconds and then it disappears. only the inside is jumping up and down.

sorry for bothering IB in public, but it doesn´t look like the support team really cares about this matter. still no email or any other info from the customer support, although they promissed me to solve the problem asap. waiting for 1 1/2 weeks now and I still cannot trade :(

By the way $$$Lover, do you use the standalone or the browser version of TWS? Might be, the bug is a feature of the standalone version only. ( I use the standalone)

#37     Jan 30, 2007
  8. I use the standalone version Build 865.7 Java Version 10.

I use Booktrader every day, and have since just after IB introduced it. I have had very few problems with it.

The one problem I have at the moment is when opening TWS, market depth and booktrader also open. Size in booktrader gets jacked up...sometimes shows 10-12 size entries on either the bid or the ask...obviously not correct.

The fix for this is to close both market depth and booktrader...then reopen booktrader first, then market depth. IB customer service gave me this fix a number of months ago on another build...on which they corrected this particular problem. The problem has now re-emerged in this latest build.

I don't know why you guys are asking these questions here. I'd call IB and speak with tech support.

Whatever the problem you're having though, I'm not having.

OldTrader

#38     Jan 30, 2007
  9. def

def Sponsor

By any chance do you have more than 3 booktraders or market depth windows (in total) open? If so, that would make sense as we limit the ones updated mtk depth to 3 in order to save resources. If not, if you PM me your ticket number, I'll ask our tech side to look at your ticket again.

#39     Jan 30, 2007