IB BookTrader not updating??

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by $$$lover, Jan 24, 2007.

1. notouch

notouch

I don't have any problems with BookTrader. It seems to be an issue with your PC so I'm not sure why you feel the need to bring it into a public forum.

#21     Jan 28, 2007
  2. $$$lover

$$$lover

While I don't expect anyone to go thru the entire thread...as I would not do it, had you done this, you would realize that I trade from 2 and even three different pcs...at two different sites about 3 miles apart....I have had the same problem all the time....that is why I brought it up.....besides this thread happens to be only 4 pages....give it a read!...

Furthermore, if you see the title and try your booktrader, as it seems you did, and your works fine....why bother wasting your valuable time writing anything...just leave it alone, move on to the next one or else go trade and make millions.

#22     Jan 28, 2007
  3. def

def Sponsor

Given we haven't come across anyone experiencing this problem and that you say you need to hit re-center to update prices, I think it actually maybe working. You might have the config set to center around the last. How about trying under config to center around the bid/ask. The prices will not move on every tick. However you should see the color bars move to where the current bid/ask is.

#23     Jan 28, 2007
  4. franco82

franco82

I HAVE the same problem ??? you are happy now ???

#24     Jan 28, 2007
  5. $$$lover

$$$lover

Def.......you are the man. Thanks it works fine now.

#25     Jan 28, 2007
  6. $$$lover

$$$lover

NOTouch

I think you have the same prob I did...so just on your config page, make sure "center around midpoint of bid/ask" IS checked and you should be ok.

#26     Jan 28, 2007
  7. notouch

notouch

Thanks $$$lover but what I was talking about was that it doesn't automatically re-center. This can be annoying when the price is moving quickly and you have to keep pressing re-center. I don't think there's a way of changing this. Using "center around midpoint of bid/ask" does solve the problem of "losing" the price for FX where there is no last price so thanks.

#27     Jan 28, 2007
  8. def

def Sponsor

So in short the book trader is working as designed and there is no problem.

If the prices move every tick there is no focus on what you are going to click.

I urge all of you to read the manual. There are many configuration choices and options and most are intuitive.

For example, do you know that if your mouse is in the book trader window, it won't update prices as readily.

#28     Jan 28, 2007
  9. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

That's good to know. Thanks. I never noticed it before as being slower when the mouse hovered over it. But will be on the look out. That particular thing I didn't see documented in the booktrader section of the TWS manual. Must have missed it.

Will read it over again later. Time to watch Rome.

#29     Jan 28, 2007
  10. stfreak

stfreak

hmm...also tried to configure the booktrader to recenter around bid/ask but nothing works.

Def, can you give me a hint on what to try next??
    been promissed, that the booktraderproblem would be solved at the next release note, but I´ve been waiting for a week now and nothing happend.

wanna go on trading, so whats for example the best java version to run the current TWS and what are the best java settings??

I´m wondering, why some people have this problem and some have not. might be a problem caused by the PC and not by TWS as the CS initially thought.

I´m also wondering, why it sometimes works ( for 15 minutes ) in the live account and it never works in the papertrader, althought the software is actually the same....

suggestions??

#30     Jan 29, 2007