IB BookTrader not updating??

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by $$$lover, Jan 24, 2007.

1. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Ok, I'm now running 866.4 and 6EH7 comes up in booktrader. I ran 866.4 from IB's website. It's was listed under browser based TWS.

I'm also running IE7. Win XP Sp2

Latest standalone version is 865.(something).

I was running 865.7 standalone version.

#11     Jan 24, 2007
  2. $$$lover

$$$lover

I agree with you ...it does come up with all info up-to-date....BUT does it continu updating or does it just sit there with all the info stale....in order for me to update it I have to continue clicking on the re-center button....we are both now running same exact versions and software.....by the way...STILL waiting for Live Chat.

#12     Jan 24, 2007
  3. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Ran it for 10 mins (Edit: I mean 15 mins) and it has been updating, no probs.

One thing though, I do have center on last price checked in config. But I also set the number of rows to 25 and sized the window so that no scroll bars exist.

There's a new feature I noticed called "jump to order" in config. Mine is unchecked. Also price histrgram is unchecked.

Live chat... :D

I don't have any experience with them as far as software related issues. Trade issues they tend to be on the money.

#13     Jan 24, 2007
  4. $$$lover

$$$lover

Thanks for all your help DD....it's 11:15 pm here so time to go to sleep...happy trading.....

#14     Jan 24, 2007
  5. def

def Sponsor

FYI, CS does have a phone number if you'd like to speak with them.

Also by any chance are any pop-up blockers set on your broswer? That might prevent a chat session from starting. I know you're logged out now but I walked over to CS and they do not have any chat sessions pending.

#15     Jan 25, 2007
  6. stfreak

stfreak

have the same problems, also with the CS - chat.

there is a guy named cris, but since he´s on vacation, one is waiting for hours in the case of a technical problem...

check this one

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85479

I mean, technical problems happen with every broker or software sometimes, but what is making me really sick is the fact that you sit in front of the screen ready for trading and you just can´t due to technical issues...

If I loose a day and can trade the next day...fair enough, I´ll welcome the break. But if you are told to send the logfile and the screenshot, you never know how long it takes and noone seems to care. Finally the guy in the chat replied, that I will have to wait for the next release...great, so I cannot trade probably for 2 more weeks...

:mad:

#16     Jan 25, 2007
  7. $$$lover

$$$lover

Yes, thanks I found out about the tel number IN ASIA, Int'l long distance charges, that I pay.....

Yes pop-up blockers are enabled BUT I have had chats with them enabled with people at IB.....so that is not the prob.

Today 1/25 the problem continues and I tried it on another computer at my office (I'm at home now)...same problem.....

Def, I do appreciate when you or anyone else answers here on ET, even if late, at least it shows someone at IB may be paying attention.

And now that I have you here:

a) in forex...why is there a closing price, under the last rpice column, although fx NEVER closes, except ofcourse on fridays 5 pm....but yet you do not have a high and low????

b) why does pnl on the account page resets or revals every 3 or so minutes, is it too complex to make it live update...I said before if little bucket shops have this why can't IB???....do I need to see my p/l move tick by tick ....u bet....

c)...my mind went blank...so I forgot the other complaints/suggestions....

thanks anyway.

#17     Jan 25, 2007
  8. def

def Sponsor

i've tried booktrader on a linux, PC and Mac box since your mail without any problems. have you tried to kill the book trader window and re-open a new one? (not just open and close).

While I understand your other comments, I'll defer from answering here as it would take this thread off topic.

#18     Jan 25, 2007
  9. fhl

fhl

Offer side getting stuck in booktrader in certain stocks. Ucbh, and earlier cnxt.

#19     Jan 26, 2007
  10. $$$lover

$$$lover

Back at it again as mkts just opened....just I've even tried re-booting my whole system....and it does not work....

Today I just opened booktrader...same thing stuck rates and amounts...I have to use the re-center button to refresh the page...what gives.

By the way Def...again I appreicate your help/suggestions, but to say you won't refer to something because it takes us off topic...is not efficient....think about trading at IB...all products, currencies, exchanges, around the world...ONE PLATFORm...that is why some if not most of us come to IB....a response or a reference to side questions would not hurt....thanks n have a good day ahead.

#20     Jan 28, 2007