IB BookTrader Feature

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by FutureMann, Oct 10, 2012.

1. The Reverse Position button on BookTrader can only reverse one-side of position (either long or short by configuration). This is so dumb. A good design should be able to reverse either side of position automatically. I am just surprised that TWS has been on the market for so long and still has this kind of shortcoming. Am I missing something?

2. Kirkx

Kirkx

You have either missed some configuration setting or it's a bug in the latest version of TWS.

I have never had any problems with Reverse button in Book Trader and it would work ok with either long or short position. I assume that you are aware that you can test everything using your Paper Trading Account.

I haven't used TWS for a few months now so wait for others to offer more help.

3. You may not understand my message completely. It can only reverse one-side of position by configuration, not both sides automatically.

4. 2rosy

2rosy

isnt a position only one side anyway

5. only when you're not hitting your own orders :p

6. FUTUREMANN, I'm struggling to understand your question. If you are long one contract and you reverse, then TWS will sell 2 contracts and your short 1. If your short 1, it will buy 2 contracts and your long 1. What else do you want it to do?

Your statement is not very clear.

7. ......If you are long one contract and you reverse, then TWS will sell 2 contracts and your short 1. If your short 1, it will NOT buy 2 contracts and your WILL NOT long 1,until you go into configuration and redefined the Reverse Button......

8. That sounds to to me like it has been programmed that way to prevent people accidently reversing a position twice and being long again when they intended to be short. Not a bad thing if you can reconfigure the settings. But yes, not very useful if you can't.

9. The reason to use one-click button is because it's easier than putting order in on BookTrader. If you have to reconfigure the button everytime you need to click it, then it would have more trouble than putting order in on BookTrader. What's the meaning of this supposed "one-click" button? On the other hand, if you can't tell the difference between one-click abd two-click, you may need this kind of silly design.