IB - Booktrader 906 no more single click!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by atrocious, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Just tried it in Paper Trader.

#31     Jun 15, 2010
  2. ITR2744

ITR2744

First I was using Booktrader but after a couple of days I decided to trade with ZELOLINETRADER. For years now...

#32     Jun 15, 2010
  3. We don't know for sure if this has anything to do with litigation, but if you're paying money for a 3rd party application, who's to say it won't suffer the same fate along with your cash?

If an open source public domain java app was made available (wink wink) that talks to the API, that may be a better solution. Obviously the API has no clue if you're transmitting orders through a ladder or otherwise.

PS - Can you connect 2 API clients to TWS simultaneously? I presently use one for charting but execute through Booktrader, so I'd need to run two at the same time.

#33     Jun 15, 2010
  4. moarla

moarla

you can run more apis together, you need to use different ports

ZeroLine Trader is an Java API solution, works great for me, easyer then booktrader. :)

#34     Jun 15, 2010
  5. I tried to download 906 tonight, wanted to see what they've done. It's not downloading as a standalone upgrade. Standalone upgrade is still on 905.4. Either that, or they rolled it back themselves.

In the meantime, I downloaded Zeroline today and gave it a try. Works well and inexpensive. And of course, there's always the cadillac... buttontrader.

OldTrader

#35     Jun 17, 2010
  6. >OldTrader

How was the time difference going through Zeroline and using the 1 click function compared to pre-906 BT?

Thank you,
    learner

#36     Jun 17, 2010
  7. I would say they're comparable in terms of speed. I had them side by side and couldn't tell the difference. But Zeroline does have a 30 day free trial. Give it a shot. You can try it in simulator mode to get used to it.

OldTrader

#37     Jun 17, 2010

8. Will do.

Thanks again,
    learner

#38     Jun 17, 2010
  9. Per Interactive Brokers:

IBCS - This decision involves legal considerations, which we are regretfully unable to comment upon at this time.

#39     Jun 18, 2010
  10. I got the same response, so the mafia is trying to shake them down.

Good luck fighting this bullshit, I stand behind you 100% as a customer. It's ironic that a firm that innovates and leads in getting low cost direct access for the small guy is being told to cripple its offerings by a bunch of lawyers.

#40     Jun 18, 2010