IB Book Trader

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Toonces, Mar 29, 2004.

1. vinigar

vinigar

I am taking a look at it...not sure if I like it yet or not....maybe just another waste of screen space...can't seem to find a comfortable spot for it on the tube.
    You guys waiting for the big squeeze Thursday and Friday?.........the book could be helpful then:D

#11     Mar 30, 2004
  2. I just installed the new version of IB and tried book trader. It looks nice but It takes hard for me to understand the way it works. I tried to use bracket trader by pressing ALT+any bid/ask size. It went thru but I was unable to modify it even I tried to click on price field over or below the selected lines.

Secondly, I tried to configure the stop offset it works great but how can I adjust the target. Because whatever I enter for stop offset it also become the target. Any help from IB or anyone would be highly appreciated.

#12     Mar 31, 2004
  3. Once your bracket order is pending, you can modify it from the pending page in TWS.

The configuration menu is kind of weird. I went through the same thing. Anyway, to change the target, you have to put your target in the "Auto Limit" box in \Configure Hotkey\Customize window.

I'm not using it yet since I can't send my protective stop order as a stop-limit order to Globex.

Chinook

#13     Apr 1, 2004
  4. thank you very much I will try it tonite on demo.

#14     Apr 1, 2004
  5. If any of you IB techies are listening PLEASE get them to change the colors on the unarmed cumulative depth. The numbers are almost invisible in the unarmed version. I dont want to use it for order entry so I dont want it armed but I do like the cumulative depth in the verticle layout very much. I just cant see it. I also discovered accidentally that you can arm book trader just buy hitting certain keys on your keyboard. Not sure which one. Can this be disabled?

#15     Apr 1, 2004
  6. Pete - IB

Pete - IB Interactive Brokers

Thanks for your comments. We'll take another look at the colors and see if we can improve them. As for the keyboard, are you sure it was activated by a keystroke? I don't really see how this could happen.

#16     Apr 1, 2004
  7. abogdan

abogdan

Sorry for my ignorance, but where in IB site I could read about this Book Trader?

#17     Apr 1, 2004
  8. Pete - IB

Pete - IB Interactive Brokers

Currently, there's no way to do this. We'll add it in the future. One question, though: in your opinion, how should we set the stop-lmt price of the stop-limit part of the bracket-order?

#18     Apr 1, 2004
  9. Pete,

I'm not very clear about your question. For the stop-limit part, can't you guys make both the stop trigger price and the limit price user selectable?

Thanks,

Chinook

#19     Apr 1, 2004
  10. Im pretty sure. I was typing something and saw the booktrader which was right in front of me go active. Earlier I was moving things around on the screen and when I uncovered tws I was short and most of my mornings profits wiped out. Stilll not sure how that happened but im not using it any more until the bugs are worked out.

edit: I would not do any typing on the computer you are using book trader.

#20     Apr 1, 2004