IB blank screen today

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by lsudaytrade, Jan 28, 2004.

1. I can't post it here...it would be considered Spam. That's why I asked people to PM me. I get nothing out of it by the way...just trying to help fellow traders because I know first-hand how frustrating it can be trading on TWS...without quotes; or even worse without any connection period!

-Fast

#11     Jan 29, 2004
  2. jmis

jmis

by any chance you have sierra chart connecting to that tws?
    i have 2 tws open and only the one feeding sierra blank out, sometimes it comes back by itself, most of the time i have to close that tws, reopen it then everything works again.
    this is only happening this last week or so though... wonder if it could be sierra bug? but i don't hear other sierra users whining.. ;))

#12     Jan 29, 2004
  3. This morning, I had 2 TWS screens open: one for my regular acct, one for my IRA acct. The IRA acct suddenly blanked out, so I closed it and logged in again - this time I got TWS 816 (the regular account was on TWS 815). Very strange. I don't know why the IRA acct blanked out and why IB changed TWS version in the middle of the trading day.

A related question: for several days now I've been unable to use SSL. :confused:

Would appreciate hearing back from def on these problems.

#13     Jan 29, 2004
  4. #14     Jan 30, 2004
  5. Fix your pathetic TWS.

The thing goes blank several times a day. sometimes logging out and in helps, sometimes not.

It's ridiculous.

#15     Jan 30, 2004
  6. your internet connection ?

if you need to bash IB ... then close the account ...

IB still offers the most comprehensive

e futures / equities / options / ssf's worldwide

more than enough reason to stay in spite of any

problems that come up once in a blue moon

#16     Jan 30, 2004
  7. you got the choice, go with it and accept those failures and logoffs or chose to go with another broker. I had/have got the same experience and wont trade futures with IB anymore. Only use them for long-term stock trading.

Let's face it: IB's advantage to retail clients is long gone: TWS is absolutely unstable, their customer service (well let me not get started on this) and when it comes to revolving serious issues you wished you would have had a backup/different main broker chosen long time ago. Some of the competition is now MILES ahead, commission wise, technology wise. The only edge I see IB got left is their connectivity to those numerous international exchanges.

And, I do not understand why no one from IB is commenting on this issue in this thread. They all the time tell me in the chat and on the phone that everything works just fine. But............as one can see nothing at all works fine. I am not too frustrated anymore, however, as I did my trading with great profits on the 28th and 29th with a different broker.

I still wait for a refund because although they mentioned on IB's website that I can withdraw funds in a different currency than my base currency it was not working. I demanded a refund that was caused by exchanging my funds into Euros through IB Ideal. I am now held back for almost a week and was told it could take several weeks!!! The issue is cristal clear, I calculated the amount for them and showed my calculations. Come on , give me a break.

When will you guys start treating your customers fairly and in an orderly manner?

#17     Jan 30, 2004

8. SethArb....

Bro, do you... really...think it is the interent connection??!!

I had all my quotes disappear 5 tmes this week, including 10 minutes ago; options and equities. All my other feeds etc., were fine with my cable modem running AOK according to the cable service. I never saw anything like this even in the early days of online trading. Very disconcerting.

However, I recognize that IB does not purport to be a quote service. And all things considered, I agree with your positive comments on IB.

ICe
    :cool:

#18     Jan 30, 2004
  9. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

iceman1,

Please email your account number to help@interactivebrokers.com so that we can have a look at your connection. To assure that the email gets forwarded to the right people, you need to include mg101 in the subject line.

Thank you.

#19     Jan 30, 2004
  10. Anyone with blank screens or touchy socket connections might want to look at the issue of file corruption in the TWS XML directory.

The combination of symptoms described here (touchy connection, blank screen and no quotes) is exactly what happened when a file in my XML directory got corrupted.

See this thread-
    "TWS- various probs & a solution"
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=26361

#20     Jan 30, 2004