IB blank screen today

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by lsudaytrade, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Today(Wed, 28th) during trading hours my quotes was blank for about 5 times during the afternoon hrs. Another guy in the chatroom had the same problem.

What was the cause of this, IB? Is there anything being done to reassure that this wont occur again?

Putting on 10 ES trades at a time and knowing my screen might possibly go blank is a scary thought. :(

2. lsu, this has been happening for quite some time so don't expect things to get better any time soon. You do enough volume to get better service and better commission. In your situation, I think FFastTrade would be the ideal solution.

-Fast (not affiliated with FFastTrade or anyone else for that matter)

3. prox

prox

Hmm, I didn't notice anything and my TWS was on all day.

My quote feed was lagged after 2:15 compared to IB's data, but I think everyone had the same problem.

4. Isudaytrade,

I didn't experience any problems with TWS - trading from South Carolina, USA. today.

I have a friend who trades from Brussels, Belgium who experienced same/ similar problems as you - after the fed announcement - he reported that his screen lost all data and then later he couldn't even access the website.

5. Thanks for the feedback guys...

I was in the chat and there was another forum member that experienced the same problems as me. He contacted IB and supposedly they were having issues with a server?

6. frogy

frogy

Same with me: blank screen most of the afternoon. IB e-mailed me later saying I could trade even without quotes. Yea, right.

I like trading in high volatile environments and IB has done this several times in the last year so I am currently looking for a new broker.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

7. tmb

tmb

I've got a blank screen again today.

8. I got blank screens yesterday and today. They come back in about 5 minutes.

9. Feel free to PM me if you'd like info on my reliable broker.

-Fast

10. Post it here, or PM me.

#10     Jan 29, 2004