ib backfill of futures and QuoteTracker not working right

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by stock777, Oct 8, 2008.

1. abxs

abxs

I tried everything. This is hopeless, I've had this issue for couple of weeks now. Some people appear to have less trouble then me, but I've tried NinjaTrader and Sierra and they are unable to show me a decent chart.

The TWS charts are just plain useless... I'm either missing half are they are no longer updating realtime...

#21     Oct 14, 2008
  2. abxs

abxs

NQ chart example of today

nice...very nice IB...

• nq.gif
      File size:
      38.7 KB
      Views:
    #22     Oct 14, 2008
  3. Harald

Harald

I agree. Main problem is backfill for Globex.

IB, please sort out your problems.

#23     Oct 14, 2008
  4. Harald

Harald

Here is the trick I used:

Connect NinjaTrader (free charting) to TWS. Open chart to load backfill. After that disconnect and connect again to OpenTick (after free registration) and get your Globex E-mini data. OpenTick is painfully slow and they have unfiltered data, but should be good enough.... After loading OpenTick data you may reconnect to TWS and your NinjaTrader charts are somewhat usable.

#24     Oct 14, 2008
  5. vita

vita

The problem with globex backfill seems to be resolved. Apparently IB got new servers over the weekend. Do you guys also see improvements?

#25     Oct 21, 2008
  6. Harald

Harald

Things worked early morning, but now the problem is back again!

Before testing backfill on my frontend, I first try to open a chart directly within TWS. If the chart does not show up on TWS, the data will not make its way to my software (NinjaTrader, QuoteTracker or whatsoever)

First test: Open a 2 week, 30-min-bar chart for ES and EMD.

First test already failed: After 10 minutes of waiting the chart is still loading and empty. I am not going to try for hours.

IB: Please sort out your problems. Your clients are still waiting.

#26     Oct 21, 2008
  7. Harald

Harald

There is no backfill data for TF today.

So today's menu is a choice between no charts (Globex) and empty charts (ICE-NYBOT).

#27     Oct 21, 2008