IB backfill is terrible!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by surfer25, Oct 14, 2008.

1. HSI backfill for me has been fine; it is the GLOBEX data that's messed up.

#41     Oct 17, 2008
  2. Harald

Harald

Good to have an answer from IB.

I'll wait and check again next week....

#42     Oct 17, 2008
  3. rc5781

rc5781

Did you guys hear that IB sucks?

#43     Oct 17, 2008
  4. sibrag

sibrag

An hour or so ago, I got off the phone w/ Angel (sp?) @ IB's support. I wanted an answer as to WTF, at log-in time, it took 20+ minutes to load the charts, which normally take 20 seconds or so - basically inquiring if they were having NEW problems. Of course in a condescending manner, his first attempt was to blame my infrastructure, the Pope, Solar Flares .... You know the routine. I cut short his stream of bullshit, as I was in no mood for it. The conversation ended with his acknowledging that 889 should be out "within few days" - perhaps mid week, next week.

I use them as back-up, but I will repay them by closing all but one account, and possibly leaving the bastards all together.

Earlier in the week I received a reply from Christopher Cannatello, "Manager Professional Services", reply which, in a nutshell was nothing more than a pile of Damage Control bullshit, of course, falling short of appropriately addressing the issues.

Ironically, while many/most of its customers are struggling to trade in spite of IB's problems, and often either loosing money or missing out on opportunities, IB is running an Advertising Campaign bullshitting potential clients into portraying themselves as responsible brokers, which many of us, existing customers know to be exactly contrary to their claims, and they would not hesitate throwing any of us overboard.

Should you be reading this, as a prospective customer, I suggest placing bets w/ Guido, your friendly neighborhood bookie, unless you deal with Yuri, than deal w/ IB - BTW, I am not a gambler, the only $ Vegas made off me was 1/2 a roll of nickels I found atop a slot machine back in '88 while there for a biz convention.

Every company runs into problems and makes errors, but how they are being handled is what makes the difference. Perhaps the time has come, to TRY to put some regulatory pressure on these whores.

Count me among those, and even join me in, bidding I(nteractive) B(rokers)'s management team and its Customer Support employees, a heart felt and warm, FUCK YOU!!!

Its been about 8 years since my last post on ET. Who knows when I will post another, but I just wanted to spare others from dealing with the whore known as I(nteractive) B(rokers).

Best of luck to you all especially in these hard times.

#44     Oct 17, 2008
  5. Unless you trade as a hobby, leave the friggin pc on and software connected to tws. Puting your fate in the hands of IB support is nothing short of stupid.

#45     Oct 17, 2008
  6. gangof4

gangof4

i'm not talking about the HSI, i'm referring to the server i am on.

#46     Oct 17, 2008
  7. sibrag

sibrag

That's not a solution if you run any studies ie, fibs, trend lines, etc, anything which require refreshing the chart(s).

It would be much simpler, and appropriate, if they behaved responsibly, since we DO pay for the damn platform one way or another. Same for the tards at support.

#47     Oct 17, 2008
  8. sibrag

sibrag

Hey Baron,

I just noticed that I lost credit for some ....... 600+ posts made during the "yesteryears". Someone had lobbed my way an email, with a linky pointing to my screen name being among the top 10 posters ........ way back then.

Its been a while ........

#48     Oct 17, 2008
  9. Syprik

Syprik

I agree, it's real annoying. On average I shoveled over $11k/month commish the past 14 months and been with them for 3.5yrs. Attitude of some in CS need serious work. But to be honest this is the first data issue that has me pivved. When you find a broker that offers as many markets as they do under one roof with top-notch order execution and "real-time" feed, I'm seriously all ears. It's times like this (Globex backfill) that justify having backup data feeds in the reserves. Should be a de facto part of the business expense. Personally run DTN/IQfeed background feeding my CME/Globex charts incase IB goes down...a measly $105/month for reassurance.

BTW, what's up with the major stiff in the new IB commercials running on CNBC/Bloomberg? lol

#49     Oct 17, 2008
  10. IluvVol

IluvVol

Lol, the only one who seems to be having a "difficult time" is you!!! You waste so much of your time to complain about a backfill issue? While this is an issue I think your post is very inappropriate in disparaging everything that is good about IB. A secure broker with secure funds, diversity of asset classes, low commission, top execution speed,....

Lets keep the church in the village so to speak. Its fine you raise your voice about the backfill but keep with the truth about all other features IB has pioneered for retail guys in many years.

Just my two cents as someone who has traded with them for over 10 years and does so each and every single day.

#50     Oct 17, 2008