IB backfill is terrible!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by surfer25, Oct 14, 2008.

1. They're ok... had them side-by-side for three months... couldn't justify paying $500 a year more than I do now ($60), for all the charting that I need.

#11     Oct 14, 2008
  2. I use ninja trader. Its good to me and I feel it will improve with time.

For backfill, I try DTN for a 1 week trial and I will probably go back to them. IB is slow and I can't stand the fact that they don't have continuous contracts.

#12     Oct 14, 2008
  3. There is something farked and always has been about IB backfill.

Lately, the Globex backfill is almost unusable.

They really should fix it.

considering how fast the trading and quote side it, its a mystery why this is happening.

#13     Oct 14, 2008
  4. True, QuoteTracker is around $60... I tried QT, and I agree its "good" application but you still need a good data feed and IB feed is not reliable enough for this...

PRT is cross platform : MAC, PC as its java, no need to backfill on your computer etc...

At the end, its lot more than $60 if you want to get the same functions and work fluently as with prorealtime...

#14     Oct 14, 2008
  5. That's not quite true. The IB quote feed is excellent for the most part. The backfill is crap.

I use a combo of Ameritrade backfill + quotes, + IB, which works very well with QT.

#15     Oct 14, 2008
  6. abxs

abxs

So true!! And then one two weeks later they'll say "it will be fixed by the next release" but it's not.

Two weeks further down the road, they'll tell you "it's high priority".

These guys are incredible.

Not only is the backfill of TWS charting just useless, but lately neither NinjaTrader nor Sierra are able to show me a historic chart using the IB datafeed.

#16     Oct 16, 2008
  7. This is what they wrote me on a web ticket reply...

This issue is related to the problems that have been reported with the Historical Data requests being made. This issue has been escalated to our developers and a solution has been made and added to the next update of TWS which would be Build 889. Unfortunately this build is not available yet for production and is still being worked on.

#17     Oct 16, 2008
  8. Ib has exceptional live data and crappy backfill

My solution: leave IB logged in 24/7 with QT open

#18     Oct 16, 2008

9. Agreed. IB real time data is great (example: today; question, has HSI closed early, response, no, questioner, oh, esignal hasn't got any data, response, IB is fine).

QT, Ensign and Sierra Chart all have alternative backfill options. I don't use them because, by good luck or skill+a small number of markets to backfill I rarely have problems with the backfill. But an alternative is a good idea if you do. Looking forward to 889; perhaps something will change in this space.

#19     Oct 16, 2008
  10. When are the Half wits at IB going to get this fucking issue fixed?

It's not only QT it's every other fucking charting program that has this issue.

After they have all these complaints, one would think the half wits would get this fucking back fill issue resolved by now.

NO, we don't need any more fucking add-on's to TWS.

To all the IB IT half wits, get the current one fixed before making anymore iterations.

This shit is getting ridiculous.

#20     Oct 16, 2008