IB Autostop tool for NQ/ES (Emini Trade Management)

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by m_c_a98, Jul 28, 2002.

1. mca, do you plan on adding limit order capability and allowing it to work with TWS generated orders? Thnx

#31     Jul 30, 2002
  2. Don't do 2 versions of your software, I think the best solution is to have only 1 version and use a hotkey like say CTRL+F2 to switch to the Eurex mode for example...

#32     Jul 31, 2002
  3. For emini trade management, please use
    version numbers in your software and on your webpage so I can keep up with the bug fixes & enhancement before my review next week...

#33     Jul 31, 2002
  4. For Emini Trade Management :

Can you also add a trailing stop feature ? And I would like the application to remember the settings we previously used (be it in a .ini or not)...

#34     Jul 31, 2002
  5. bigapple

bigapple

Hello,
    thx for your prog. i tried to use it and got a error message:
    Run-time error ' 383'
    Text property is read only.
    i am running win2000

any ideas?

thx for help

#35     Jul 31, 2002
  6. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

when you run the program try replacing GLOBEX with DTB and replacing ES with DAX and put in your expriation date.

I believe this should work. If not tell me what the problem is.

#36     Jul 31, 2002
  7. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

Bigapple,

I don't no what that error means. I use Win2000 and don't have this problem.

Good luck.

#37     Jul 31, 2002
  8. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

For those who might be interested I've updated and added 3 more features to the program.
    1. BUY AT BID
    2. SELL AT OFFER
    3. BREAKEVEN STOP

all of these orders are sent to IB TWS. see the text file for explanation.

the update is at:
    http://www.pricepatterns.com/ib/

#38     Aug 4, 2002
  9. bigapple

bigapple

Hello,
    my problem was caused by wrong decimal settings.

Thx for help

#39     Aug 4, 2002
  10. I've spent all weekend fooling around with the various trailing stop gizmos. So far, this is the only one I got to work. I kind of cringe when someone comes up with something simple and then everyone asks for a special favor which only makes it more complicated.
    Now, for my special favor. I put the first stop in for protection, but I don't like to trail it until I have a little breathing room. Could you have a box for the first hard stop? Then all you would have to do is uncheck it and check the trailing stop when you want to start trailing.
    Furthermore, they are asking $150 for traderguard and claim they have 300 users. You being a programmer and all, you probably know how to use a calculator. I just did the math in my head, and that is a lot of dough!
    Thanks for giving it away, but don't sell yourself short.

#40     Aug 4, 2002