IB Autostop tool for NQ/ES (Emini Trade Management)

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by m_c_a98, Jul 28, 2002.

1. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

I've fixed a bug so please anyone who previously downloaded my program, do so again.
    http://www.pricepatterns.com/ib/
    BUG was: If you logged on with ES and you made a trade for NQ in TWS, my program would count this as a position for ES.
    This has been fixed and now you may trade any other contract in TWS except the one you are currently working with in my program and there will be no problems.

As it currently stands. If you log into my program under ES, don't use TWS to trade ES until you exit my program. And similarly if you log into my program under NQ, don't use TWS to trade NQ until you exit my program. The program can't recognize the execution price if you place the trade through TWS.

#11     Jul 28, 2002
  2. can you use a version number on your software and on the website so we know if we have the last version or not ?

Thanks

#12     Jul 29, 2002
  3. Knyyt

Knyyt

Program looks great, wanted to thank you for offering it out for free to other traders.

Knyyt

#13     Jul 29, 2002
  4. RAY

RAY

and Thanks.

#14     Jul 29, 2002
  5. ctrader

ctrader

#15     Jul 29, 2002
  6. TGregg

TGregg

For Fifty Bucks it will.

#16     Jul 29, 2002
  7. ctrader

ctrader

Its worth the fifty bucks... as soon as my entry is filled I have two orders, profit and stop loss transmitted.

The probability of my connection to IB going down in those few milliseconds is pretty low.

#17     Jul 29, 2002
  8. Spark

Spark

but IB will have trailing stop feature beginning august 1...

#18     Jul 29, 2002
  9. ctrader

ctrader

Auto-stop is a protective stop loss that is transmitted as soon as your market entry order is filled.

One time I entered at the market, and 20 seconds later while I was getting ready to submit a stop order, my internet stopped working. I had a position sitting out there unprotected.

I freaked, couldn't get through on the phones, just could sit there and try and get my connection working again.

Thankfully the market went the right direction, but it showed me how important it is to get your stops off as quickly as possible.

#19     Jul 29, 2002
  10. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

Please no software vendors on my thread. Here we don't charge fees to our fellow traders. You give and you recieve more in the long run.

#20     Jul 29, 2002