IB appears to be down???

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ktm, Oct 18, 2001.

1. ddefina

ddefina

I know about the boxing problem. I do go into a long and short position with the same stock in an emergency situation such as yesterday, but I don't sell the long to create a short position, so I would assume I'm safe. I would cover the short then the long in that order. If the SEC wants to fight me for protecting my rear then thats fine...I don't know the rule in this unique situation so maybe someone else does.

#51     Oct 19, 2001
  2. Hmmm. Would it be illegal to offset trades in QQQ,s or other trackers not subject to the uptick rule at another broker?

#52     Oct 19, 2001
  3. ktm

ktm

It's Saturday at 10:25am on the East Coast. I cannot log in to IB via the web or locally. I get the same reaction as Thursday on the system and there is nothing posted on the web about the status of the system being down.

Can anyone else log in?

Thanks

#53     Oct 20, 2001
  4. Harry

Harry

Well, I could never log on on a weekend - don't know if that's so for anybody or just for european users or just especially a problem for me ... :confused:

Harry

#54     Oct 20, 2001
  5. Normally it is not possible to access IB during the weekend up until late Sunday afternoon or Sunday evening. I believe this is when they perform maintenance.

#55     Oct 20, 2001
  6. ktm

ktm

I thought I had been able to get in on a weekend before. I wanted to see which option contracts I had been called away from. Guess I'll have to wait til Sunday eve.

Thanks All

#56     Oct 20, 2001
  7. Typically, during the week IB does reboots after 11pm (around 11:30). They should always be back up by 1am est (usually before that but never later than).

Saturday morning, they remain down (nothing's open anyway) and they're back up by Sunday afternoon when Globex's week starts (4:30 est).

Happy Trading.

#57     Oct 22, 2001