IB appears to be down???

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ktm, Oct 18, 2001.

1. Limit Up

Limit Up

Quotes are waaaay off again.

#31     Oct 18, 2001
  2. neoxer

neoxer

Wayward quotes resulted in stop-market order and market orders not working -- costed me a few unncessary ES points.

:cool:

My faults after all, shouldn't have relied on ready-made functions in a problematic day concerning the servers.

#32     Oct 18, 2001
  3. babe714

babe714

Just contacted IB , said they are having technical difficulties and would be up and running shortly

#33     Oct 18, 2001
  4. MORE

MORE

I'm really afreid for that. What to do if they don't answer to the phone an the stops doesn't work ??? Just cry for money gone with the bug ??? :(

#34     Oct 18, 2001
  5. Harry

Harry

Scares me, too. It's not great if their computer goes down but what really is not acceptabel is that I have been on the phone for about 20 minutes and could get not one just to close my position - if the stops wouldn't work ... :eek:

Really don't know what to do ?

Does anybody using another Broker has ever experienced such problems ?

#35     Oct 18, 2001
  6. i was short JNPR this am when IB went down.. had a stop at 20.96.. when the system came back up i looked and my stop didnt get filled until 21.30.. i guess their main quote system must have gone down..

i am not able to log into the system again now.. i had 2 positions, short INTC and Short IMNX that i closed out by phone for a small gain only to watch them continue to fall after my exit.. but.. better safe than sorry.. technology..

-qwik

#36     Oct 18, 2001
  7. Yoda

Yoda

JNPR now bid price: 21.15 ask price: 0.78
    Unbelievable. Way off.

Bob

#37     Oct 18, 2001
  8. ddefina

ddefina

Today is a good reason to have a backup broker.

#38     Oct 18, 2001
  9. Limit Up

Limit Up

I've been with IB for over six months and this is the first time I've had any problems. It's part of the risk of trading electronically.

#39     Oct 18, 2001
  10. Grabbit

Grabbit

I'm in again!

#40     Oct 18, 2001