IB appears to be down???

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ktm, Oct 18, 2001.

1. ktm

ktm

I have stock quotes back but no opts yet.

That sucks. I had a nice option trade that the system wouldn't allow me to put on because it said it couldn't value the contract. Why should that matter? I had enough money in my account to make the trade. It's gone now...dammit.

I've only been with IB for a few months now. This is the first time I've had this happen. I understand tech is still developing and these things blow up from time to time. It's good they kept the website updated and they seemed to have gotten it resolved quickly. I get my quotes elsewhere so that's not a big deal to me. Although I wish IB would push the order even if their quotes are down.

#21     Oct 18, 2001
  2. ddefina

ddefina

Same problem here. Back in now as of 8:00a.m. PST. Quotes are way behind my Qcharts though. Maybe they are getting a denial of service attack?

I'm currently trying to cover a short position @ 8:38a.m. PST and it says rejected, can't value contract at this time. This sucks because it's going up.

Glad I unloaded my other 1500 short shares this morning. Went to Brown & Co. as backup for stop on my last short.

#22     Oct 18, 2001
  3. GaretJax

GaretJax

Be careful - I am traded e-mini's (NQ) I had bought at 1332 and it had gone up to 1349 - I entered a stop at 1345 which took but it did not get filled untl 1337 - ouch. Normally it would have gotten filled at 1345 or maybe a tick lower.

I may sit out for awhile until quotes come back.

Garet

#23     Oct 18, 2001
  4. Grabbit

Grabbit

I did setup again (had to uninstall first) to change server to Switzerland. Same problem. Can't get in there either.

#24     Oct 18, 2001
  5. Limit Up

Limit Up

I also had problems with IB this AM. Quotes on the emini are matching my esignal feed, but the change column seems pretty screwed up. Be careful out there!

#25     Oct 18, 2001
  6. Is the reference to a "core malfunction" their way of saying that accounts may meltdown?

Thank goodness they're not operating a nuclear power plant.

#26     Oct 18, 2001
  7. Grabbit

Grabbit

Can you raise your stops by phone?

#27     Oct 18, 2001
  8. coops

coops

Greetings from Bangkok, Thailand....................

well, it's tits up over here aswell. Was working fine, then my quotes stopped updating. Quicken Quotes Live were fine. This is with Win2000 and DSL. Exited everything, tried to log in and got that login in progress window flashing up repeatedly but no actual log in taking place. Bugger. Tried to log in from the IB website (browser version) - same problem. Nice little scrolling information thingy on the page i was looking at mind you....no BIG LETTERS RE SYSTEM DOWN mind you, now that would have been very helpful....shutdown reboot etc etc same same...

rebooted into Windows ME (yikes!) (only just dual installed win2000 at last..) and got same problems, tried with my backup 56k dial up too and voila!!!!!!!!

Now what really got me shaking my head was the red box on the top of the quote screen - click it and you get a message telling you that you may have trouble logging on.......!!!!!!!!!!! laugh??? I nearly cried.......

fired up Quotetracker with Datek feed (whoohoo) just to see how bad things looked on my two positions... did have buy stops already entered into IB so was not completely freaking out :)

closed out, and came here to check. Ah well.

BTW while fuming at why Ib don't splash some message on their home page, I noticed the System Status option under the trading software menu (of course!). Click it and you may get a message about the problems.

Hope everyone else doesn't get too badly burned,

coops

#28     Oct 18, 2001
  9. Limit Up

Limit Up

Luckily it's a quiet day....Sp's in a box all day.

I was just wondering how are we supposed to get messages that IB is having system problems when we loose connection? If you can't log into TWS we can't get that message.

#29     Oct 18, 2001
  10. tntneo

tntneo Moderator