IB appears to be down???

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ktm, Oct 18, 2001.

1. ktm

ktm

On the IB website at 10:58am:

"We are in the process of recovering from a core system malfunction"

#11     Oct 18, 2001
  2. Harry

Harry

"Some customers" ? - I'm sitting here in Europe and cannot get in !

#12     Oct 18, 2001
  3. Lucky the market isn't doing anything :D

#13     Oct 18, 2001
  4. Grabbit

Grabbit

The website speaks of US customers having trouble logging in, but I (still) can't get in here from Europe either.

Glad I placed my stop. Hope it works if necessary...

#14     Oct 18, 2001
  5. Harry

Harry

I'm logged in now but have no quotes.
    The message on TWS says "Some US customers ..." - seems to happen worldwide ...

#15     Oct 18, 2001
  6. I don't know about you guys but I don't think that IB is the place to be today...even when they get the system back on line. As someone posted, the system is a little buggy. So even though it is cold herein MI (50 F.), I'm going out and do a round of golf anyway. I'll give them a day to get things together...:D See ya...

Best regards,
    Jim

#16     Oct 18, 2001
  7. ktm

ktm

I'm uncertain as to how "some customers" could be the result of a core shutdown. Core seems like the whole thing to me.

I'm back in on the local system but have no quotes and therefore cannot place an order. I tried some opts but the system rejected it...saying "cannot value contract at this time - rejected".

#17     Oct 18, 2001
  8. that there are 3 different access points. One in Hong Kong, one in the US and the other in Europe. You may have to access the setup to change the address.

#18     Oct 18, 2001
  9. GaretJax

GaretJax

My ib quotes are still screwed up. I tried to up a stop and it said something like "can't place your order because can't verify price".

I would be very careful trading until things get cleared up.

Garet

#19     Oct 18, 2001
  10. GaretJax

GaretJax

IB is taking my stops now but quotes are still screwed up.

Garet

#20     Oct 18, 2001