IB App Multiple Log-In Problem

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by libertine, Sep 26, 2011.

1. OK, so I've got IB's Android App on my smartphone. However, when I log in I am kicked out of the TWS session on my PC, and vice versa.

This is bad - ideally I would want to leave the PC autotrading at home whilst I am at the beach/pub/AA meeting, and to be able to occasionally check the app to make sure nothing has gone awry, keep an eye on P+L etc. Unless I am missing something, it is not possible to configure my IB a/c in this way.

Does anyone else have the same problem? Any solutions?

2. samovar

samovar

This is a known issue - IB only lets you log into your account from one application. You can log in simultaneously into the paper account and the real account, but I don't think that's going to hep your situation.

You may want to bug user 'def' here about this problem.

3. two solutions:

#1, contact IB and request additional user ID

#2, obtain remote access i.e. logmein

4. Looking at Account Management again it looks like I can add a second username for my main account, which might do the trick.

From the IB website : "Individual account holders have the ability to add multiple users to their IB account. The account holder may wish to add a second user registered under their own name for the purpose of opening two TWS sessions simultaneously (one for normal access and the other for connecting via an API). "

It's a bit too close to market open for me to be messing around with this type of thing just in case it goes tit-shaped, but I'll give it a go after the close or tomorrow morning.

5. JamesL

JamesL

Create a second account log on. It does not bump your primary and you can set the level of access for it, ie only trading, cash management, etc. I believe you can have up to 4.