IB API routing to NYSE

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by nitro, Apr 19, 2002.

1. nitro

nitro

IMHO, it is imperative that IB amends the TWS API to allow programatic routing to the NYSE. For example, this is the only way to automate Opening Only orders.

Def, any ideas why the decision was made not to support programatic routing to the NYSE? Is it perhaps that IB gets charged for cancelled orders?

nitro

2. alanm

alanm

Personally, I've offered to pay for whatever Thomas Peterffy thinks makes this restriction necessary, because it severely handicaps me and costs me money every day. He's uninterested, however, in even explaining the reason. Like you, nitro, I don't want something for nothing - I just want to be able to compete.

3. def

def Sponsor

Perhaps if yotart/continue this thread on the IB message board and provide solid examples of how you would benefit from routing to a specific market it could help. I've made a case for it but it was not rec'd positively. I haven't given up and I don't think the matter is a dead issue. (the icon thread was probably the reason the icon bar was made optional.)

4. nitro

nitro

Alanm, def,

I think we better go to the IB forum and start knocking on doors...

nitro

5. mskl

mskl

I agree with you guys that the API should allow us to send orders to the marketplace of our choice. It isn't just a problem for NYSE stocks. Try sending orders in the options market using BEST only..................

This is potentially a big problem for me.