IB - Any way to auto cancel all orders upon loss of connectivity?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by arl, Feb 23, 2006.

1. arl

arl

I am paranoid about losing my power or internet connection, is there any way to program IB to autmatically cancel all my orders upon my TWS losing its connection to the server?

2. That wouldn't make any sense. You'd end up canceling any protective stop orders also. Far better idea is to add an OCO to every initiating position as a default. That way, even if you got filled on an order when you were offline a protective stop would immediately be in place.

3. i pay $30 a month for t mobile wireless.........that is my insurance method........never had to use it yet..........

4. arl

arl

I don't use stop orders, and an OCA would not work for my purposes.

5. Reconciling paranoia with a reluctance to use stops might be a problem for you . . .

6. s_c

s_c

tell the help desk to set

retainorders=0

or at least tell them what you want.

7. s_c

s_c

it might depend on the type of acount though, i'm not sure.

8. So larrybf, in the event of a disconnect they will page you/call you right? What is the Tmobile for exeactly? Is that mobile broadband? Are you planning to track your order or what with it?

9. There is nothing available within the TWS to make that configuration change, but if you send us a Trouble Ticket with the request we can set that feature in place.

10. arl

arl

Excellent, I will file one immediately, thanks for your help.

#10     Feb 23, 2006