IB: any plan to offer Hang Seng H-financial index futures ?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by joesan, Apr 3, 2007.

1. joesan

joesan

The april contract traded 501 contracts last friday. Fortunate to be born in a volatile period.

#11     Apr 21, 2007
  2. U want to do it by mail? I was planning on doing it thru Paypal.
    Yeah, i'll accept anything if i win. It doesnt even matter. 1.5 tick HSI and 7 ticks for the mini hang seng.

Make sure u bring the theard back up at the end of Dec. because this can be a forgotten contract soon.

#12     Apr 22, 2007
  3. joesan

joesan

I am looking for a platform which can transfer small amount efficiently. I did not have good experience with paypal, last time I registered one account there, and half year later I keep receiving mails requesting me to imput password into a fake paypal website.

HKFE post daily HFI report of the last two month in their website, so we will have no difficulty find out the result next January.

#13     Apr 23, 2007
  4. def

def Sponsor

1268 have traded as/of Friday.

http://www.hkex.com.hk/futures/statistics/MonthlyStatistics_F_HFI.htm

#14     Apr 23, 2007
  5. How do you want to count the settlement volume? Average of the final week of 2007?

#15     Apr 23, 2007
  6. Almost got fooled into thinking it traded 1268 on friday. The daily volume is just a couple hundred.

I think they will be better off starting an ETF instead. I just dont get what they need to start with such a big minimum lot size of a sector indicies.
    If you look at the SP midcap on the CME and compare it with the ETF. The ETF is much more liquid.
    Well, maybe because they want to get around the stamp duty, but IMO the contact size is too big for a sector indicies.

#16     Apr 23, 2007
  7. I am offering 5.70 for a potential 10.00 gain to anyone who is interested.
    It will be good till end of April

#17     Apr 23, 2007
  8. joesan

joesan

what about the average volume of last five trading days of the contract of December 2007 ?

#18     Apr 23, 2007
  9. The volume on this contract is 0 on Monday and OI is 35. Do you want to settle the bet for a 60% discount?

#19     Aug 27, 2007
  10. joesan

joesan

Are you in lack of cash ? :)

Keep the deal, it's USD10 at the end of this year.

#20     Aug 27, 2007