IB: any plan to offer Hang Seng H-financial index futures ?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by joesan, Apr 3, 2007.

1. joesan

joesan

Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEx) plans to introduce Hang Seng China H-Financials Index (HFI) futures on 16 April this year, is IB going to offer this product ?

Last time FTSE Xinhua index futures listed by HKFE was a disaster ,hope this time they have done their homework and HFI will be a good baby.

2. joesan

joesan

What is the symbol of this instrument ? Cannot find HFI in TWS

3. Not very likely a good product. No sector indicies in the world in the futures world is successful. I'll bet u 10 bucks it will not trade more than a thousand contract by 2008

4. joesan

joesan

You are probably right, but considering the stake is reasonable, I accept you challenge.

5. Dec 31st 2007 settlement date. What's the currecy u want it to be in? HKD or USD? I can feel it is some free money.

6. joesan

joesan

In USD please.

Feel free to have a drink

7. joesan

joesan

8. We'll see!
    As far as i remember the FTSE xianhua has a couple hundred when it first launched. It was launched in singapore wasnt it? Not in HK

Are u in HK?

9. joesan

joesan

FTSE had a lawsuit with the Shanghai Security Exchange who is its data provider at the time of FTSE Xinhua launch. China planned to launch its own A-share stock index futures contract and did not like an overseas exchange to steal the spotlight. HFI does not has such obstacles. I expect it to be at least much better than FTSE Xinhua.

I am not in HK, I am in Shanghai, China. Regard payment, can you accept RMB78.00 (equivalent of USD10) in cash cuz I have zero foreign currency except in my IB account.

10. def

def Sponsor

would should have these by tomorrow, HFI.HK

#10     Apr 17, 2007