IB and Sierra

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Lamont_C, Dec 29, 2006.

1. I'm impressed, that's good service.

#11     Dec 29, 2006
  2. TGM

TGM

I am using Ensign and IB and the same happened to me. I am backfilling 2-3 symbols at a time. No dice. Good thing I have a backfill backup with Ensign.

IB something is up with your system ....backfill is not working right. When i pull up TWS charts. I having a problem there as well.

#12     Dec 29, 2006
  3. LC,

I understand this is frustrating and apologize. Our technical assistance representatives are not traders. We'll PM instructions on how to resolve the issue.

Sal

#13     Dec 29, 2006
  4. I'll say it before somebody else does: you get what you pay for.

*sigh*

The new year will be a good time to re-evaluate all of this.

LC

#14     Dec 29, 2006
  5. But your clients ARE traders. If your tech people have no idea what your clients are talking about, then you have a problem.

#15     Dec 29, 2006
  6. We rolled back the release that exposed this issue. We are not sure why Sierra Charts sends their queries dated 640 seconds into the future. Our new release rejected the illogical time stamp.

If anyone is still having the problem, please PM me.

Sal

#16     Dec 29, 2006
  7. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Problem only seems to affect my sierra charts backfilling.

Quotetracker (latest stable build) has no problems backfilling.

TWS 865.7
    Java 1.6.0

Going to send an email to sierra to advise them of the problem.

#17     Dec 29, 2006
  8. SC insists it's IB's problem. IB insists it's SC's problem. Given my experiences with IB, I'll go with SC for now (I'm certainly not going to depend on IB for charts).

In any case, IB finally belched out the backfill after all these hours. All I can do for Tuesday is hope for the best.

LC

#18     Dec 29, 2006
  9. You mean Wednesday?

And yeah, it looks like IB support is lacking. Sitting on hold for 20 minutes? I was actually thinking about switching to them, however ... I think I have reconsidered.

#19     Dec 29, 2006
  10. I'm trying to contact Sierri Charts. We will not re-release this software until we understand why Sierri sends their queries with the time stamps previously discussed.

#20     Dec 29, 2006