IB and Reuters News Feed

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by hektor, Aug 28, 2007.

1. stevenao

stevenao

How about Market News? Econ data, for example. Fed annoucement? Can we have a better newsfeed other than bonding it to a specific stock symbol?

I don't see it too useful with the current implementation. One could agrue that if you want Mkt news and other stuff. You can go get a 3rd party news provider, of course.

I bet the amount of people subscribed to IB reuter's news feed is quite low. Most serious traders find it quite useless.

An ideal UI for the news service should have a window with 3 areas: category tree, headline list, and content view. Also, with a search filter box.

#51     Mar 31, 2008
  2. Yes I found it quite delayed and useless. Perhaps I'll give it another try and report back. But if its the same feed, it was hours or days' old news being indicated as only 1 min - 60 min old - VERY annoying and useless. Also it doesnt scroll or have an alert function like DJ has. The nice part is if you cursor over it, it will give you the time and headline.

Here's an example: Under LEH they have no headlines for the conv pref financing announced tonight. How can Reuters not have a headline on that tonight??

edit: I looked it up on Yahoo Finance.

Lehman converts seen having 7-7.5 percent dividend
    at Reuters(Mon 5:31pm)

LOL Yahoo has the headline but the IB feed doesn't. That's just brutal.

IB I think you need to give Reuters a call.

#52     Mar 31, 2008
  3. "The feed is realtime.

Can you please clarify what exactly "IBKR" you have? (version will be good enough)

Also, feel free to PM me your account info, and I'll double check if you have this service activated in your account. If so I will ask someone to follow up with you. Thank you."

I am not sure what you are smoking, but do you care to read other peoples messages on this post? And how about your own. See your own attached picture at your previous message, where you proudly show the news feed config setup. And it stated the delay time you want. The "best" delay time is 1 minute. Again. This is not a reuters newsservice. Its just a RSS of reuters. Even the RSS directly of the Reuters website is better.

IBKR build 883.1 Mar 27, 2008

#53     Apr 1, 2008
  4. "DST wrote: By the way, we do provide DJ news services for free (in addition to Reuters): in TWS, right click on any stock, go to Analysis - News and Research, you will be taken to the special page with all related news for this product. "

That is not Dow Jones (DJ) news services. You have absolutely no idea what you talk about. I have Dow Jones news services and Reuters.

#54     Apr 1, 2008
  5. nitro

nitro

Do you know if the news feed will be/is available through the API?

nitro

#55     Apr 1, 2008
  6. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

#56     Apr 1, 2008
  7. winners8

winners8

Upanddown, how much are you paying for the reuters news per month and which platform is that? In your opinion is Thomson Financial News worth the subscription and any better than DJ Newswire?

I have DJ Newswire and would really like to compare the two.

Thanks in advance

#57     Apr 1, 2008
  8. I have been testing out Reuters real-time North American subscription for $65/mo via Quotecenter and I have to say that I am impressed with it so far. I have noticed a significant speed increase with release of economic reports since upgrading from the "free" Reuters real-time. For instance, I got the ISM number this morning at 10:00:30sec. Not too bad!

The speed and amount of articles is impressive especially when you compare the price of Reuters to DJ newswires ($65 vs $305 per month). It seems to be a good value so far. I would skip the Reuters news on IB as this is much better even at the extra cost in my opinion.

#58     Apr 1, 2008
  9. winners8

winners8

You can get DJ newswire (North American) from most vendors for prices between $95 to $125 per month. The good thing with DJ is that it shows alot of news outside of North American markets, for eg China, Taiwan, HK, Euro-Zone economic numbers. If you trade a wide range of market then it is worth the extra cost.

I trade futures and must admit the IB reuters news is almost useless.

#59     Apr 1, 2008
  10. nitro

nitro

#60     Apr 1, 2008