IB and Reuters News Feed

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by hektor, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Yes, they are pretty basic. I only have a couple of charts on my Quotecenter and mostly just for quick looks. Some of their screens remind me of mainframe terminal emulator days. Very nostalgic. :)

I use MetaStock Pro for charts and Quotecenter for data not charting.

#21     Mar 7, 2008
  2. Hi Bernard,

I have been wanting to get a live news feed from reuters or dow jones, but i cant seem to find any links to these products on their websites.

I assume this feed is the same as what prop and wall street get.

Can you direct me to a link where i can buy such a live feed to use at home. You appear to have bought the dow jones one, is it just as good as reuters?

Thanks,
    Dave

#22     Mar 27, 2008
  3. Blackbison here is the link:
    http://www.dowjonesnews.com/newdjn/logon.aspx?AL=N

Dowjones newswires is $305 p/m. Etrade and TDameritrade have the same for free, but sometimes they have a delay and sometimes its faster then DJ.

The news feed on IBKR is a joke. Completely useless.

#23     Mar 27, 2008
  4. I didn't think DJ newswires was that much a month. I remember seeing it priced at something like $105/mo somewhere before.

#24     Mar 27, 2008
  5. Nope $ 305 p/m

DJN.com Rates
    Dow Jones News Service

Tiers
    2008 Price

$305

2 – 9
    $116

10 - 49
    $100

#25     Mar 27, 2008
  6. Ok, thanks. What exactly do the tier levels mean? I don't trade the news so I am not up on how much or what you get with these types of services.

#26     Mar 27, 2008
  7. It means that if you have a office with one person who needs access, you pay$ 305. The next pays $116,-- and so on

#27     Mar 27, 2008
  8. Ok, I should have figured that. I wasn't sure if it was different content or not. I still wonder how much better DJ news is than Reuters North American package for the difference in price. Reuters is something like 65/mo. I might pay 100 or so per month if DJ was really good but 300 seems like a ripoff to me.

#28     Mar 27, 2008
  9. thanks for the replies guys.

yea 300$ is way too much imo, i heard that reuters was under 100$ a month or something.

does any1 have a link to where i can buy the reuters feed?

thanks,
    Dave

#29     Mar 27, 2008
  10. Good luck getting Reuters. They are very hard to deal with if you are a retail investor.

Thompson financial may be your best bet. About 170 p/m

#30     Mar 28, 2008