IB and Reuters News Feed

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by hektor, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Its just the articles.

#11     Mar 7, 2008
  2. Just for comparison, here is what the Quotecenter Reuters feed looks like.

#12     Mar 7, 2008
  3. Those are NOT alerts!

Please show us for example the headlines on QuoteCenter with the Nonfarm Payrolls details today!...

#13     Mar 7, 2008
  4. Here for example are the main 'alert' by Dow Jones (source Dow Jones Newswires).

*DJ US Feb Nonfarm Payrolls -63K; Consensus Unch
    *DJ US Feb Unemployment Rate 4.8%; Consensus 5.0%
    *DJ US Feb Average Hourly Earnings +$0.05 To $17.80
    *DJ US Feb Manufacturing Payrolls -52K; Svc-Producing +
    *DJ US Feb Overall Workweek 0.0 Hour To 33.7 Hours
    *DJ US Jan Payrolls Revised To -22K From -17K

-Did QuoteCenter transmit something of similar on its Retuers feed for NFP today?

:eek:

#14     Mar 7, 2008
  5. Not sure I understand your original question then. That's all you get. You can add filters and search criteria on top of it also. As I said, it is pretty "underwhelming" (see attached). I got my data about the jobs number from Marketwatch this morning not Reuters.

#15     Mar 7, 2008
  6. Here is the screenshot.

#16     Mar 7, 2008

7. What I meant is: try to reproduce the DJ headlines you can see above with QuoteCenter: you probably will not able to filter such headlines by Reuters...bc there are no those 'alert' headlines ;(

Exactly, from TV or other is better ...with this kind of poor service!..

#17     Mar 7, 2008
  8. Yeah, I don't really trade off the news so I have learned to live with getting news from multiple sources. I don't pay for Reuters news as it is included with Quotecenter data for free so I can't really complain too much. They have a good platform with Quotecenter and could really be great with better real-time news. It would not be that hard I would think. Oh well.

#18     Mar 7, 2008
  9. DJ headlines on jobs.

#19     Mar 7, 2008
  10. >brocklanders

Does Quotecenter still use those Athena charts? I took
    the 30 day trial a few years ago and found the charting to be light-years behind other software. I was spending more time adjusting the charts than trading. Truly not designed for traders.

#20     Mar 7, 2008