IB and PYPL IPO

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Babak, Feb 15, 2002.

1. Htrader

Htrader Guest

Yep, I was able to pull up the symbols and enter orders into nyse.

#11     Mar 12, 2002
  2. Babak

Babak

wunderbär!

[at this rate of kaizen IB will be giving their competitors a real run for their money]

#12     Mar 12, 2002
  3. stevet

stevet

def,

if the "head of the group overseeing the addition of markets" can't add a new US IPO in the current market - he should be put in charge of the latest rest room - whats he being paid for otherwise!

#13     Mar 12, 2002
  4. def

def Sponsor

the head of the group overseeing the addition of markets also happens to be the head of operations. I don't think it was his number one priority on his queue to check for new IPO's each day. As mentioned in a previous post, I pointed out that his staff were missing IPO's and requested that they should be automated. He agreed, moved the priority up, assigned someone to the project and now it seems to be automated.

BTW, I know you're kidding on your comment but you clearly don't understand how big a task it is to maintain a database of stock, futures, options, currecies and warrants in over 40 worldwide exchanges and markets. easier said than done.

#14     Mar 12, 2002
  5. stevet

stevet

everything seems easier when you are on the outside looking in, than on the inside looking out from beneath a pile of work - but customers pushing and companies changing priorties is what capitalism is based on - and it works

#15     Mar 13, 2002
  6. Babak

Babak

The security "JBLU" is not available or allowed for this account. If this security should be available, please contact our customer service.

sigh

#16     Apr 12, 2002
  7. ddefina

ddefina

Bummer...

JetBlue Shares Soar on First Day
    NEW YORK (AP) - Shares of low-fare carrier JetBlue Airways Corp. soared Friday in their market debut.

JetBlue's shares blew past their opening price of $27, rising nearly 67 percent to close at $45 on the Nasdaq Stock Market.

``We knew it was going to be a hot deal,'' said Helane Becker, an analyst at Buckingham Research.

JetBlue, based in New York, went public a little more than two years after it began flying nationwide routes from its base at Kennedy International Airport. The company, which sold 5.87 million shares, has 108 flights per day to cities in Florida, California, Puerto Rico and upstate New York.

The funds raised from the initial public offering will be used by JetBlue to add 59 new Airbus A320s by the end of 2007, more than tripling the size of its fleet.

JetBlue said it had net income of $38.5 million in 2001, a year in which the major carriers racked up billions in dollars of losses because of the slump in business travel and the impact of Sept. 11.

The company's shares, trading under the symbol JBLU, were originally expected to price between $22 and $24, but the figure was raised based on its underwriters' belief that investor demand for the stock was higher than the supply.

``It's trading so high on the fact that it's been the most hyped IPO that has come along in a while,'' Becker said.

JetBlue executives say the company is modeled after Southwest Airlines, the nation's leading low-fare airline. Southwest's stock has risen sharply since Sept. 11, whereas most major carriers are struggling to regain their pre-Sept. 11 heights.

In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, JetBlue - well known for its union-free work force and low-cost operations - said running the company could get more expensive as time goes on.

JetBlue expects ``maintenance costs to significantly increase as our fleet ages, and we may experience greater labor costs in the future,'' the company said in its SEC filing.

On the Net:

http://www.jetblue.com

#17     Apr 12, 2002
  8. fleance

fleance

JBLU was not available for trading today at IB. You can't count on IB for trading IPOs. It just doesn't seem to be a priority for them.

JBLU that low float really makes it easy to runup on hype.

Fleance

P.S. Don't forget to fill out the new IB April survey on TWS Enhancements.
    http://www.interactivebrokers.com/html/survey/april_survey.html

#18     Apr 12, 2002
  9. Carl J

Carl J

At about 3:30 EST I loaded JBLU in the TWS with no problem. Quotes seemed to jive with my data provider. I did not try to trade it though.

#19     Apr 12, 2002
  10. Babak

Babak

Well I guess he didn't automate it. Surprisingly though it was available for trading through the fast entry (I didn't figure this out until too late :mad: ) Don't think this is rocket surgery. I mean every other broker does it.

#20     Apr 12, 2002