IB and order problems

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by c*f(x), Nov 4, 2008.

1. c*f(x)

c*f(x)

In order to get quicker execution, I turned off the "confirm order" requirement on IB for only the ES. Several times now I have had an issue where I am trying to place an order for a different underlying, on a tab/page that doesn't even contain the ES and it executes and ES order. Inevitably, this is a loser trade. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix or something that I am not doing correctly?

2. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

Hello,
    This sounds like a serious problem. Can you provide details including your user name, times the orders were placed and TWS version.

Alternatively, you can contact Technical Assistance, they are best equipped to handle the problem.
    http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/general/poll/poll.php
    Thanks
    DAV

3. c*f(x)

c*f(x)

I PM'd you - forgot TWS version. It is:

Build 888.5, Oct 29, 2008
    Java Version 1.6.0_07

4. c*f(x)

c*f(x)

Just a heads up to the users out there - DAV followed up with me and solved my problem - just giving credit where it is due.

5. what did you need to do different or where was the problem?

Thanks
    Maria

6. c*f(x)

c*f(x)

My own ignorance...

First - what I had wanted to do was have one instrument (Dec ES contract) execute without hitting the Transmit button (T). I wanted all other contracts to work the same was as usual - clicking the Bid or Offer generated an order row that could be modified and then I would click T.

I set it up with a Hotkey - and used the mousebuttons to execute the order - and I specified the instrument. However, this had the *wonderful* side effect of executing that same bid/ask order on the ES...even when I was clicking on another instrument (when you are trying to execute orders on Eurodollars and you are suddenly long the ES...you get a smidge concerned...).

So what I ended up doing was assigning them to other keys on the keyboard. Keys I never hit in the normal course of biz...but serve as hotkeys for the ES.

Thanks again.