IB and oil contracts

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by steeldust, Jul 15, 2005.

1. hi. when nymex moves the mini oil to it own system will these contracts still be available?-thanx :D

2. I tried to roll over my QM/QG position today. I was able to close the August contracts but I got an error message opening the September contract. I just talked to an IB rep. He made some excuse about a systems problem of some sort. He said that the September NYMEX contracts would be tradable by Sunday. AFAIK the August minis cease trading at 2:30 Eastern on Tuesday July 19.

Martin

3. ramuk

ramuk

July is the last contract for IB as far as Nymex e-mini is concerned.

Trade the IPE brent crude contract.

Symbol is COIL

4. thanx. i guess ib isnt ready to trade on the nymex clearport sytem yet. when i couldnt trade the sept qg contract friday i figured somehting was up but i think it was just a malfuction. ib just isnt getting out any info on this. later:D

5. TGM

TGM

I have been trading Nymex products on Ib. Nymex is not rolling from CME globex just yet. They postponed it again. I pulled up Sept. crude in IB and it came up friday.

Anyone looking at trading Nymex crude or Natural Gas electronically. Give Ib a look. I am saving several dollars a roundturn with IB. I cannot find anyone as cheap without leasing a seat.