IB and ninja trader fee

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by danieljsalas, Sep 21, 2008.

1. vingbel

vingbel

First, thanks for that quick response.

Second: So, if I decide to use Ninja, regardless of what broker I use, there will always be fee?

#11     Sep 22, 2008
  2. Surdo

Surdo

It's a FREE live application as long as you DO NOT use it to execute, otherwise it is $50-$60/ month, all of the info is on the Ninja Trader site.

Just use the FREE live simulator and save your cash in a T Bill. Pretend you are trading!

#12     Sep 23, 2008
  3. vingbel

vingbel

1) So I can use Ninja, then execute my trade on the platform provided by IB or Open E Cry, or whatever broker I use, and Ninja will be free?

2) And I can still have that broker's live data feed come through Ninja?

Too late to use a sim! Already trading and doing well. I'm just looking to upgrade and I come to ET to get questions answered and provide info if I can. I've found these forums to be very informative because of posters like you. Even when you have to get in a jab with the info! :D

#13     Sep 23, 2008
  4. sevensa

sevensa

Yes to both questions with the NT Sim License. All this information is available on their website.

Not sure why you would install an execution frontend and then don't use it to execute trades though.

#14     Sep 23, 2008
  5. Since he is trading live the answer to his question is "No, he cannot use Ninja Trader for free".

I'm not answering the question for vingbel, I'm answering it for the readers.

I think it's a stupid request to want to use a platform for free when you are trading live and by your own admission doing well at it.

#15     Sep 23, 2008
  6. vingbel

vingbel

Good question. Right now, I'm trying different software to see which I like better. And I don't want to pay any more than I'm already paying until I decide. I'd like to continue to execute my trades with what I have, while trying new software to track the instruments I trade.

My reasoning may be flawed, but there you have it!

#16     Sep 23, 2008
  7. vingbel

vingbel

Sevensa said the answer was "yes." Is he/she wrong?

It's not a stupid request, my friend, it's a question.

#17     Sep 23, 2008
  8. sevensa

sevensa

If you read the question clearly, you will see he will NOT be using NT for execution, but his broker's platform. So, to answer the question for the readers; the original answer is correct. NT is free in that case.

#18     Sep 23, 2008
  9. sevensa

sevensa

If you use your own broker for execution and NT with the Sim License, it is free. Feel free to verify with NT.

#19     Sep 23, 2008
  10. Surdo

Surdo

Can you please go to the Ninja Trader website and ask them all of these redundant questions, they have excellent customer service, and respond to e mail within minutes. Really, I am not making this up, I even e mailed them with questions on the platform and got answers.

NINJA TRADER simulator is FREE and has live data!

#20     Sep 23, 2008