IB And LIFFE

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nugya, Sep 12, 2002.

1. nugya

nugya

Can anybody tell me what products are available to trade on LIFFE.

Despite IB web showing FTSE index options as available product, It is not really available.

as I remember, until recently stock options were available to trade as well but they seem to be not available now.

2. flea

flea

Why don't you ask IB or LIFFE ?

3. nugya

nugya

IF YOU DON'T KNOW, WHY DON'T YOU JUST KEEP QUIET!!!

People who use IB all know what sort of customer service IB has.
    If it going to make you happy, yes I did ask this question several times to them.Once I got the answer of "YES" FTSE options are available, another time I got the answer of "NO" they are not available.

I don't just ask question for the sake of posting

4. wild

wild

www.interactivebrokers.com - click on "trading products" underneath "Broad Product Offering" - under "IB Products & Market Centers" scroll down to "United Kingdom" and click on "Futures (Equity Index ..."

5. nugya

nugya

wild

thank you for the link but I already know that. If you read my question you will see that FTSE options "Z" shown there as tradeable product. But I tried several times and could not place a trade.
    I did asked customer services but got conflicting answers.

So i thought somebody at ET may know something from experince.

6. Htrader

Htrader Guest

Have you updated your trading permissions and market data?

7. nugya

nugya

Yes Sir

But I haven't subscribed to live DATA yet.

But if that has anything todo with it, I would not able to trade the "Z" futures as well(which I can!!)

8. def

def Sponsor

i'm not 100% up to date on what we're offering for the UK. if i am not mistaken, the ftse options are available at this time for just institutional accounts. the web site needs to be made more clear.

9. nugya

nugya

Thank you Def

I think that explains why they are mentioned on the WEB. Shame none of the customer services on line did not know this:confused:
    or did not bother to explain:confused: :(

Do you think it will available to retail customers?

Also was stock options tradeable at one time(at Liffe) or am i confusing with something else ??

10. Wish we could trade the long gilts on LIFFE. We can trade treasuries on Eurex and ACE, so I don't see why this liquid product is not available.

#10     Sep 12, 2002