IB and incremental increase in Margins

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by osho67, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Just like the market, it is not predictable.

Don't worry. Surprise will come at the "right" time.

#51     Nov 19, 2007
  2. vedanta

vedanta

IB is increasing margin requirement by small amounts everyday,now they dont send you an e mail or there is no pop up message.

Does anybody know when they will be finished. I have stopped trading till I know what will be the requirement for every trade

Does anybody know? Thanks

#52     Nov 21, 2007
  3. ids

ids

We did not make increases since November 15. This is fixed now on 14.5% and the whole issue is under consideration.

#53     Nov 21, 2007
  4. Tums

Tums

why get angry ? get even... just deposit the exchange overnight margin requirement, and nobody can touch you !

#54     Nov 21, 2007
  5. vedanta

vedanta

Thanks ids. Please have firm and final rules in place so we can start trading again in options.

#55     Nov 22, 2007
  6. Easy tiger. 90% of my stuff is short vol so it would be duplicitous to attack vol sellers. While i appreciate the attention you've given to my trading, blowing off all that steam, you seem to have missed my point about leverage.

#56     Nov 28, 2007

7. you are real slick in spinning that i have an agenda regarding your trading and it is more than fleeting concern. i have no steam to blow off as i did very well this year and always behave account wise in a defensive manner. we all have our perceived edges. your point about leverage is of course well placed; and per a previous post of mine, i also see tightening margin (on topic) as a good thing.

you just come off as just a little condescending now and then. i am sure you agree.

#57     Nov 29, 2007
  8. My available funds and margin requirement now is back to normal levels - before IB started this incremrntal schedule.

Anybody knows what is happening . There are no comments from IB as well.

Thanks

#58     Dec 10, 2007