IB and incremental increase in Margins

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by osho67, Nov 8, 2007.

1. A first time poster trading for 6 years. Working for who exactly? Might not be but the one post advert or supplier attack has been classic shill territory in the past.

I expect we shall see in the next post. :)

#31     Nov 16, 2007
  2. The more rats with naked index puts are leaving the ship the more secure IB becomes as a broker overall. Good news IMO.

#32     Nov 16, 2007
  3. Well said, I suspect many of those leaving for this reason will blow up , horribly, and rue the day they didn't let big daddy show them the error of their ways.

Good riddance

#33     Nov 16, 2007

4. usually you are so upbeat.....firstly, the gentleman who posted about leaving ib with one et post is surely a longtime poster who wants to protect his main identity; just as i do. you are also an experience volatility seller, yes?

it is not important enough to me to know for sure, but i am willing to bet there is data out there showing that daytraders blow up more of a percentage wise than option writers. if true, you name callers are rats and the such also!

and mr cci kiwi (i go back a long way...but admittedly hiding), you are an angry phuck.

i sell vol, buy vol,daytrade, and have never blown up in 20 years (ok,80% account loss once).

on topic, i now welcome ib's move. it will most likely keep option writing going strong by keeping people from overleveraging into the black swan.....

#34     Nov 16, 2007
  5. Well, having been invited back into the conversation I will say:

. people who hide behind new nicks are such cowardly whimps.

. not angry, I just enjoy pushing a bit of shit at wankers (like you).

. makloda is right and you are wrong (but why should you be surprised). The danger to the conservative customer is the manner in which people blow up and I would be happy to bet with you (if you were brave enough to reveal that whimpy true nick of yours) that when the option writers find that swan and blow up they do a FUCK of a lot more damage than day traders.

So, why don't you phuck off back into your little hole. Or more usefully desert the ship before the overenthusiastic underfinanced examples of your type sink it.

Rock on IB :D :p :D :p :D

on topic: I still think the other guy is more likely to be a shill than the whimp you paint him.

#35     Nov 16, 2007
  6. #36     Nov 16, 2007
  7. gkishot

gkishot

Isn't the maximum loss from selling the naked puts equal to the loss of the equivalent long position in underlying?

#37     Nov 17, 2007
  8. Leverage?

#38     Nov 17, 2007
  9. bet on then. just as pdt rule was instituted, more controls are due for option writers. for ib, i already said that they need to reweigh in their margin.

i traded for bear (options arb), another outfit catering to hedge funds who did spreads, naked, etc trades, and now on my own with my own money after reaching nice levels in those fields in new york. kiwi, i know you are not an options trader; but do you know that someone who buys must buy from a writer?

another bet i would take is; my hole is bigger than yours (and debt free). i am far from a wimp including the way i am posting. you know why, but instead you feel most comfortable being a foul mouthed bully. certainly a poll per your low lifeness (slang) would reveal more of what i am trying to say about you.

makloda, i disagree with(yet still respect him as a real trader), and if he had some of my experience, or researched the data , he may reconsider the hasty statements.

#39     Nov 17, 2007
  10. No.

You're still being the whimp. Still hiding. Still playing from behind mummy's skirts. Pretending to be so clean and quiet ... sound like fuck ... and it is??? Mummy's little boy.

I said you had to come out of your closet. Come on. Be brave?

No; forget it. Not going to happen any time soon.

#40     Nov 17, 2007