IB and fees

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Andre, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Andre

Andre

Hello, it's been a while since I've been trading. In fact, I'm getting out of some long held positions. I've heard that IB is adding alot of fees.

I got a new prompt when trying to place a trade asking for wether I wanted US or Canadian funds and they called it a contract. I've never seen this prompt before. I don't remember being asked for it.

This there a fee for this type of trade? It's just a basic stock, not even a Canadian company...

2. Pls elaborate.

3. Andre

Andre

I really don't know. I haven't actively traded this account for a while. I'm liquidating it and when I tried to place a sell, up popped a different screen I haven't seen before, asking for what currency and calling it a contract. That's new to me, and makes me a little leary.

4. hajimow

hajimow

Make sure that the "thing" that you are selling is the "stock" that you have in your mind and nothing else like a company in Australia or a future or... . Some tickers have many different meanings..

5. Andre

Andre

hajimow, that might have been it. I did see a scroll down option, and chose the company in my portfolio. It was still weird how many seeming hurdles there were to make the sale....