IB and exchange-supported spreads and data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by trader56, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Hoping some of you might be able to answer this. I've tried posing these questions to IB, but either got incomplete or no answers, hence my asking here.

I've never had an IB account. A year or so ago, according to my understanding, IB was not able to accomodate charting and trading of exchange-supported spreads on their TWS. Has this changed now so that they can?

Further, when I used eSignal sometime back, they wanted $60-66 per month for EACH futures exchange for which they provided data to chart with. Does the cost for IB's commisions and TWS include this data, or is that a separate charge as it is with eSignal?

Finally, is the charting on TWS capable of doing a study on a study? For example, a moving average of an average true range?

Thanks for any help!

2. Benihana

Benihana

Well if you decide to use eSignal with IB, you can get the real time globex data on eSignal for free. I think you have to do a certain amount of trades per month, but it is really small if I remember correctly. I sent IB an email about exchange supported spreads because I was considering them, but they took 3 weeks to email me back and didn't even answer the question, so I went elsewhere.