IB and Eurodollar Spreads?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Beach Runner, Jun 16, 2005.

1. I always use globex for my spread orders but I was wondering if I use a smart order for my eurodollar spreads does IB then look to the Liffe to help get the best price?

#21     Jun 21, 2005
  2. TGM

TGM

I am in the same boat. I have 3 spreads in for GE and none show.

#22     Jun 21, 2005
  3. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

This is a market data issue affecting a few servers. We put in a fix last night which should solve the issue for a good portion of the affected customers. The rest will be fixed in the next TWS release.
    Please note that you should still be able to place orders on the spread. It is only the data that is affected.

Re: Using SMART for GE. Don't do it unless you want to buy General Electric :)

#23     Jun 21, 2005
  4. Writing in this thread for me has not been a pleasure. But at least it has enabled me to vent my tiredness and frustration.

Apparently, 30% of the affected accounts on IB are now able to see the quotes on the GE spread.

It's just tough if you are one of the 70%: like me! And on Eurodollars - one of the most liquid contracts...

Thanks to everyone who has offered their insight and advice. I'm now going to reread my copy of "Zen in the Markets" and experience ... calm.

#24     Jun 22, 2005
  5. alanm

alanm

Perhaps I'm confused.

I cannot even add the spread tickers (using FutSprd type), and so would not be able to place orders.

Or are you saying that if I add them with the Comb type, it will show the native GLOBEX spreads and submit them as native orders?

#25     Jun 22, 2005
  6. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

Yes that's correct, it will be submitted as native order. You should use the Comb type. The quote will show the spread quote if there is one. If there isn't, then it will show the implied quote.

We will have the market data fixed shortly, in the mean time, you should know that you can still place orders. (If you have both legs on the screen then it's a simple subtraction to calculate the spread price).

#26     Jun 22, 2005
  7. green

green

MORE THAN TRUE...

Also because new versions tend to eleiminate a particularly useful feature you need. Software developers usually are not traders who know what's useful.

#27     Oct 23, 2005
  8. Do not leapfrog your TWS versions. Upgrade one step at a time, from each version to the next version, without skipping over any version. If you leapfrog a version, you increase the danger of problems, because the greater the difference between any two version numbers, the greater the danger that the upgrade software will be incompatible with the older version. If you disregard this advice, you will be more likely to lose your settings, or have this, that, or the other problem.

#28     Oct 23, 2005