IB and Eurodollar Spreads?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Beach Runner, Jun 16, 2005.

1. TGM

TGM

I just put it in on TWS as 'combo'. Everything went fine but I am getting NO quotes?? I put in Z5- Z6.

Margin for this is dirt cheap (or should be). I have never traded these at IB so if you guys relate any experiences --positive or negative or any warnings. Please do.

#11     Jun 17, 2005
  2. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

Quotes for Z5-Z6 are ok here.

Plot these spreads intraday and watch them. They <i>can</i> move!

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

#12     Jun 17, 2005
  3. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

try the free charts at....

www.futuresource.com (premier charts)

or

www.tradesignals.com (java charts)

there seems to be more money in u6-u5 than z6-z5 imo. im looking at entry tonight oddly enough.

#13     Jun 17, 2005
  4. TGM

TGM

Which TWS are you using?

#14     Jun 17, 2005
  5. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

Build 847.8 2005/06/14 10:00

Java 1.5.0_02-b09

The TWS version may make a difference.

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

#15     Jun 17, 2005
  6. TGM

TGM

thanks. yeah I am using like 845.something. Out of curiousity, I am a newer customer of Ib and have only done one upgrade via the automatic deal. Do you guys do the auto upgrade or off the website? Just curious and thans for the help

#16     Jun 17, 2005
  7. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

It is a good practice to not upgrade automatically. Wait about one week, read the boards and when there no complaints or some which do not bother you, then upgrade.

Upgrade to a new version immediately only, when it offers a feature you need immediately.

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

#17     Jun 20, 2005
  8. TGM

TGM

Thank you.

#18     Jun 20, 2005
  9. TGM

TGM

Is anyone trading the Z5 against the Z7? Any of you guys go 2 years out in the spread?

#19     Jun 20, 2005
  10. Thanks guys for interesting responses to my original plea. Looking at other threads it appears that there are similar problems!

Update: I've had constructive e-mail's from SteveIB but the situation is still unresolved.

I logged on this morning and all the spreads were showing including GE! Unfortunately, there were no outrights, so I logged off.

The outrights are now showing, and some other spreads - but, as originally, not GE!

#20     Jun 21, 2005