IB and computerization

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by zdreg, Nov 12, 2005.

1. def

def Sponsor

Then I guess the calls waking me up in the middle of the night were due to someone's strange sense of humor.

Every firm has their own strategy at auction. Last I heard there is only one bid that counts. All I see from your comments is that IB only tipped it's hand when it left the table.

You drew a conclusion. All I'm stating is that your conclusion is wrong (and I can convincingly state this as I naturally have more info on this than you).

If you have access, take a read of this months cover story of institutional investor. You may find it interesting.

#11     Nov 13, 2005
  2. Take it easy def.. I may very well be wrong.

But this was my hunch from the very beginning and with the events on Wednesday/Thrusday last week, it only reinforced my hunch. And it would be a shrewd biz move to have done what I suspect IB did.

Yet, I still concede I maybe wrong. This is not life & death. Take it easy.... It's just business!

#12     Nov 13, 2005
  3. def

def Sponsor

my response did seem harsh upon a re-read, didn't mean for it to come across that way. just writing quickly. if you can get your hands on it, take a look at the II article. nice history of the company and background of TP.

#13     Nov 13, 2005
  4. I receive II monthly, so I'll look for the article and re-read it.

As I have shared several times, IB has a good biz model: multi-asset-trading platform, broad global connectivty, transparent commission structure, relatively kow commissions, highly automated structure.

However, from my little experience with IB and from comments from associates and on this board, I think IB is spoiling what should be a VERY GOOD BIZ with poor execution and some measure of narrow-thinking.

I admire IB's founder (I LOVE - ABSOLUTELY LOVE immigrant success stories!!!) and want to like the biz, but sadly remain upset at the poor execution. If you want to discuss this further we can do it via email or PM.

#14     Nov 13, 2005
  5. def

def Sponsor

fyi, it's the cover story of this months edition.

#15     Nov 13, 2005