IB and cbot floor data?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by battle river, Jan 12, 2007.

1. dmcw

dmcw Global Futures

Just trying to help out :)

#11     Jan 12, 2007
  2. indu

#12     Jan 12, 2007
  3. etherboy

etherboy

Thanks, I thought that is for index only.

When I try to add that into TWS, it asked me subscribe to the data. Anyone know how much does it cost each month? And how much does it cost for each contract?

And from my knowledge, the $10 DOW trading is actually handled by human, so the transaction will be a lot slower mini-DOW, is it true?

#13     Jan 12, 2007
  4. dmcw

dmcw Global Futures

$10 Dow is pit traded (or human-traded in other words) so yeah you're not going to see your fill instantaneously.

#14     Jan 12, 2007
  5. hi. you don't need to subscribe to the data to enter an order.when says to subscribe just click no(or whatever it says).the symbol should stay on the screen though(with no data).then you can enter an order.
    i tried the symbol for indu as march futures and it seemed to work but i have never entered an order on that one. the Ib website says its right so..
    as far as speed,i have entered orders to the floor with ag's and it was very fast.under one minute from my click to the report back as filled.i had some cattle/hog trades done under 30 seconds.so i'm pretty happy about how they do the job for me.plus i'm a smaller lot size trader.in fast markets i have had some delays getting reports back but they never avoid or miss my order.

#15     Jan 12, 2007
  6. etherboy

etherboy

Thanks for the info. I don't even know you can submit order without subscribing to it's data. So I think you use INDU index to gauge where the market is going? and how do you determine the correct number when ECBOT is down and you don't subscribe to CBOT, since you have a difference between future and index all the time.

#16     Jan 12, 2007
  7. use the symbol indu for pit futures also.it's the dow$10. good escape route if ecbot goes down.or you can just subscribe to cbot floor data also.i like having both in case of malfunctions.

#17     Jan 12, 2007