IB Alternative Choices?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by DonKee, Oct 10, 2006.

1. DonKee

DonKee

IB has become unstable and unreliable for trading on numerous occasions over the past 4 weeks.

What is the best alternative for trading e minis?

Thanks

2. I use IB almost exclusively for trading and pay a couple of grand a month in commissions (gladly so I might add) but in light of technical issues we are facing I'm going to look seriously at Velocity Futures and even direct access to T_T platform.

IB, can you see this? Unhappy customers = less business!!

3. BCE

BCE

Absolutely!!!!! I'm here to trade. Not to deal with this crap.

4. squeeze

squeeze

How do you connect to IB?

Leased line or via the internet?
    i.e is this a connectivity or local software problem.

5. DonKee

DonKee

It's an IB problem.

Anyone using tradestation for e-minis?

Feedback welcome.

Thanks.

6. BCE

BCE

Yes it's an IB problem. illiquid is also using RealTick and says it was just fine.

7. squeeze

squeeze

I haven't noticed any instability problems and am running it pretty much 24 hours a day.

It does have a nasty habit of disconnecting when used over the internet and IB needs to look at improving internet reliability and the ability to support multiple ISPs for redundancy.

8. Agree: Unhappy customers = less business.

Today is extremely bad. Just now there was a gap of 1.5 minutes between two ticks. Next print was for 1000 contracts... at a price 9 ticks higher than the previous.

IB, I would frankly expect you to send us customers (valued such?) a private mail explaining what the problems are and how you are working on fixing them etc. That is, of course, if you do care about keeping your customers.

9. Frankly, I can't say I'm not glad to see others having the same problem finally -- I don't know if my account was on some guinea pig server the past few months that they just implemented on a broader scale today but they really had no clue why this was happening.

What other explanation could there be? A virus that finally hit critical mass?

10. Recent server outages cost me about 5K in losses. I can handle the losses but what amazed me was that it took so long get it fixed.

Im hope this just a bad patch, and things will get back to normal soon.

#10     Oct 10, 2006