IB Advisor account malfunction

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Aball, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Aball

Aball

I am trying to trade one NQ contract in each of four accounts in my Friends and Family Advisor account, and every time I attempt to execute or preview margin, I get the message

'Could not retrieve margin information: trade may be invalid.'

When I try to trade one contract in each account individually, it goes through without a problem. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong with my allocations, but it seems like setting it for equal quantity default allocation and the default order size to 4 should work. IB technical support wasn't much help. Any help I could get on this forum would be greatly appreciated.

2. Set up an allocation profile with a manual allocation and specify one contract for each account.

IB's automatic allocations have never worked properly for me and I gave up trying to explain to IB exactly what is wrong with their allocation software and how to fix it.

3. try 25%allocation

4. Aball

Aball

I tried using manual account allocation with 1 share per account, but it is still giving me the same message. Any ideas?

5. Instead of shares try ratios with 1 for each account.

Do you have an advisor paper trading account? Do you get the same error in the advisor paper trading account?

6. try this:
    go to configure,advisor,allocation profile,create,give it a name,use precentage,under account give each a 25% value.