IB adds real time charts

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Cdntrader, Mar 6, 2004.

1. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

We will consider it in the future. Thank you.

#21     Mar 8, 2004

2. yup just give the historical data for third party apps. These IB Charts are an embarrassment for IB imho.

#22     Mar 8, 2004
  3. Java is crap. It is way too slow. I use IB for its low options prices, but I hate the fact that thier system is java. C is still the standard and most widely used programming language. They should make a platform that is non-java as well, for us java haters. "Virtual machine"..."can be run on any platform"...who cares! That's not something you care about when you use a regular platform (which most of us do). The only thing that matters then is stability and speed! And java blows up all the time...crappy java.

#23     Mar 8, 2004
  4. #25     Mar 8, 2004
  5. How about quantifying some of your accusations (crap, slow, standard programming language, regular platform, blows up all the time, etc.). Just saying that Java is slow and blows up all the time doesn't really say much. I know C++ programs that blow up all the time and are very slow, but I blame the developers, not the language itself.

Do some actual research instead of just posting blanket responses without any real data.

#26     Mar 8, 2004
  6. Hello,

I just want to state this:

1. I consider myself a professional developer (10 year experience)
    2. Personally, I would not
    a) start a Java-based project
    b) get involved into Java based development

for a number of reasons, the 2 most important are
    a) "overkill - objectivity" is never good !
    b) code interpretation and java language structure does not allow efficient computing and memory usage

Personally, I 100% prefer optimized C code. Not C++, not C#, just _C_

#27     Mar 8, 2004
  7. Wasn't referring to your quote. the Maharishi's silliness was a typical target.

And for the record, even if you only use 1 platform, as most do, the fact that they have to develope for a single interface, means more time devoted to FEATURES. Sometimes I wonder.

#28     Mar 8, 2004
  8. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

A program is only as good as the developer! Don't matter about the language (so much)

As for IB - well, I hear so many complaints about them that I honestly think only the hobby trader would use them, not the pro.

I dont care if IB release real time charting, guaranteed accurate market predictions or tell me what Greenspam will do next week. It aint worth nowt if it breaks, you lose money, and IB say 'not our responsibility' like they always do! Why do you think they are so cheap? They employ 2nd rate grads from Luton 'Uni' thats why!

One mate of mine actually went back to using Ameritrade after leaving for IB.

#29     Mar 8, 2004
  9. I would say that I respectfully disagree and will leave it at that.

#30     Mar 8, 2004