IB adaptive algo - how effective is it?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Abundance Magnet, Sep 22, 2018.

1. T
    Thanks for the detailed response. It would be nice to understand some general parameters as to how they do it, but that's not IB's style or MO.

#21     Sep 24, 2018
  2. Cyrix

Cyrix

When you use Guerrilla, do you use normal Guerrilla or the Float Guerrilla?
    Would there be any improvement when using the Float one?

Thanks.

#22     May 21, 2019
  3. d08

d08

I used Guerrilla only before, I've stopped using it completely as the fill quality was poorer than IB's alternative.

#23     May 21, 2019
  4. Cyrix

Cyrix

May I ask what that IB alternative is?
    Thanks.

#24     May 22, 2019
  5. d08

d08

Adaptive. With volatile stuff it just makes sense to hit the market or with others use auctions, for me anyway.

#25     May 22, 2019
    Cyrix likes this.
  6. Hey, you seem to be very knowledgeable on this stuff. What is the most aggressive algo for capturing all liquidity? IB's smart router routes to only 8 dark pools. I have been using Guerrilla aggressive but you are saying the fills are not that good. I need something to take all available dark and lit liquidity up to and including the ask in one go. Thanks a lot

#26     May 23, 2019
  7. zdave83

zdave83

Can anyone recommend an algo provider that improves trading for index option spreads, and, works with IB accounts ? I don't believe IB has any helpful algos for this need.

#27     May 23, 2019
  8. d08

d08

You'd probably have to utilize all of the decent choices. IEX/hidden for visible liquidity and CSFB dark pool algos for others, IB stuff is nice because they have internal liquidity from their customer base which also helps. I would not rely on any one destination.

#28     May 24, 2019
    tomas262 and Humble Investor like this.
  9. Thank you very much. I agree with you. I mainly use IEX, Smart DARK only and Guerrilla. One more question, Any thought on Guerrilla vs Sniper? Which one do you prefer? Thanks a lot

#29     May 24, 2019
  10. d08

d08

They're for different purposes. Back when I used them, if I recall correctly, Sniper will wait for liquidity at the limit price or below/above and then grab everything. Guerrilla is more of a longer timeframe strategy, slowly building the position.

#30     May 24, 2019
    Humble Investor likes this.