IB: accounts in two different countries?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by andrew black, Jul 14, 2019.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

They already got a foot into the door on that with all of the government identification requests when opening up accounts or sub accounts. Never debate with them...give them what they want. :D

wrbtrader

#21     Jul 14, 2019
  2. Within IB you can move a stock position from one account to another, without having to convert it to cash. You can also move a stock position to/from another bank. There are certain terms&conditions, but basically it is possible.

#22     Jul 15, 2019
  3. If I remember correctly does IB not offer their credit card outside America.

#23     Jul 15, 2019
  4. Have you done personally transfers (stock positions not cash) between IB accounts in different countries ? Can you share more details with us? Any unusual restrictions?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    #24     Jul 15, 2019
  5. I didn't say that the IB accounts were in different countries. I don't know whether you can have IB accounts in multiple countries. My experience is that when I moved from one country to another, and informed IB about it, they moved my user account from one of their subsidiaries to another, which covered the country I'm in.
    When I say that you can move stock positions from one account to another I mean to say that if you have multiple Uxxx trading accounts, you can move from one to the other.

In the context of IB you have to be careful in the usage of the word "account" as it has two meanings in IB's lexicon. One meaning involves the account name and password which you use to log on to their website and trading platforms. The other account refers to the Uxxx trading account number. One user account can have multiple trading accounts. On IB's website you often see the word "account" and they don't specify whether they are referring to the user account or the trading account.

#25     Jul 15, 2019
  6. Hittfeld

Hittfeld

As far as I know, the world of banking and brokerage has changed dramatically: No "shielded accounts" anymore, only ONE account per customer (all others are subaccounts), within EU area (and UK) central registration of all accounts for fiscal and governmental reasons, globally once per year update of your personal details (KYC), renewal of registration details and proofs every 3 years latest, banks avoiding customers who are non resident aliens (Fatca and siblings)....

So be careful

#26     Jul 18, 2019