IB Account Statement Nonsense

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by jeb9999, Jul 3, 2008.

1. IB has a new section in their statements "Equity Value Time Series". This is a useless piece of junk and clutter. You can't custom template the statement to get rid of the damn thing.

Why doesn't IB put its software effort into getting the bugs out of TWS instead of doing useless changes to the account statements.

2. HOBO

HOBO

People should be able to download only what they need. And filter out all the useless garbage (including "Equity Value Time Series").

3. Have you told IB this directly? Sounds legit and they do listen believe it or not.

4. HOBO

HOBO

IB has recently expanded the customization options for download of Activity Statements.
    E.g. you can now deselect "Equity Value Time Series" and other useless information. This is a positive development by itself. However, I have not received any notification about this change from IB.

BEWARE:
    If you use custom templates you might want to readjust the settings. Else you might be missing some of the fields that were previously reported by default.

5. So all is good with IB and even jeb will be happy.

It gives one such a warm feeling.

6. I won't be happy with IB's statements until they restore the old legacy statement format. There was nothing wrong with the legacy format and it was removed many months ago despite customer requests to keep it.

I don't understand why IB wastes time and resources changing and "improving" things like statement formats that work perfectly fine as is.

7. Today I can't generate statements at all, all I get is:

"Content Encoding Error,
    The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression."

I get this with firefox 3.0. With IE6 I just get a blank page. Attempts to download statements as PDF, Word, Excel have also all failed. Did IB do something to mess this up over the weekend?