IB account management problem!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by LaoTrader, Jul 30, 2003.

1. LaoTrader

LaoTrader

I have had an account maintenance problem with IB for more than seven months and
    don't know how I may get it solved. Your guy’s advices are very welcomed.

I moved to another city after I opened my account at IB, so I needed to update my
    mailing address, etc via IB account management page. However I got an error message
    like your token, account, and password combination isn't correct. It occurred seven
    months ago. Since I contacted IB customers service more than twenty times by email or
    phone. At the beginning, IB technical support guy insisted that the problem is due to
    my browser setting. Then I tried using different computers with various version of IE,
    the same error occurred again and again.

I had an old account with Canadian Dollar closed before I opened USD account since
    IB policy doesn't allow switching for base currency. I thought my old account
    information maybe still in IB database even the account was closed. The data with my
    old account may still be used to generate a token when I tried updating. I passed my
    thought to IB customer service twice and asked IB to have a double check with my accounts
    (including the old one). IB responded that" IB is expecting this to be resolved within
    the next few days". But a month passes, IB never get me back.

After waiting for more than four months, I was really disappointed with IB customer
    service and decided to withdraw my trading fund. Due to the same error, I cannot
    change my bank information. So I had no way to get my fund even I would close my
    account.

IB customer service either ignored my request for solving the problem or keeps promising
    me something like the issue will get solve within the next few days. But IB never got me
    back what the status of the issue is.

It is a very disappointing experience. I am thinking if I need to take an appropriate
    legal action to get my account problem solved and get my money back.

Your advices about how to resolve the issue will be highly appreciated!

Sorry for my poor English.

FYI: a couple of email from IB
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 2:31 PM

Dear Trader,

Thanks for the e-mail, this problem is getting resolved, I will check back
    with
    you tomorrow.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

IB Customer Service

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 10:22 AM

Dear Trader,

Thanks for the e-mail, your patience is greatly appreciated. Your funds are
    safe with Interactive Brokers there was a problem applying the funds to
    your account. IB is currently waiting for a copy of your check from
    Citibank. Once we receive this, we can put the funds in your account. IB is
    expecting this to be resolved within the next few days.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

Mark Bennett

IB Customer Service
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

PM def with your information and he'll help you look into it.