IB – How to contact to go flat when the internet goes down?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by dholliday, Feb 9, 2012.

1. good advice, Might I also add, always get out of your house before a tree falls on it, and you should probably sell your house before a tornado rips through the neighborhodd (unless it is still insured at the higher inflated rates of the past.)

#11     Feb 10, 2012
  2. dholliday

dholliday

>>Dude - get 2 UPS backups for your router & switch and computer. If your FIOS or CABLE is above ground, flatten your positions BEFORE the storm hits.<<

Thanks sysWizard,
    I do have UPS on everything and a generator for the house though I don't have redundant internet. Just looking for the last line of defense for when the unexpected happens.
    -David

#12     Feb 10, 2012
  3. Another line of defense: Use bracket orders - or at least attached stop orders.

#13     Feb 10, 2012
  4. Eight

Eight

yes, many brokers won't but IB manages OCO orders for you. With some products your bracket can reside with the exchange and others only a limit order can reside with the exchange, it's complicated...

#14     Feb 10, 2012
  5. IB charges $30 for phone orders. See the "Misc" tab under Other Fees on their web site where it states, "Telephone orders are only allowed for closing orders, and the stated fee is in addition to all regular commission fees. Fees will be waived in the case of IB technology problems."

#15     Feb 10, 2012