IB, 460 users get $1000 commission rebate

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by just21, Aug 13, 2002.

1. just21

just21

What were the IB problems that caused them to make this offer? Anyone here get the email?

2. Tom Frey

Tom Frey

copied this from another board:

Dear Trader:

Yesterday afternoon at 3:17PM ET your trading facility with IB was temporarily
    interrupted along with 460 other users. This interruption lasted between 2 minutes
    and for some as long as 30 minutes.
    We have traced the cause of this problem and took measures to forego an other
    event triggered by the same conditions.
    We would like to assume more of the burden of this interruption and demonstrate to
    you our long term commitment to error free service. To this end, in early September,
    we will credit your account (one account per user) with the first $1,000. - of your
    commission expenses for the month of August.

Sincerely yours,

Thomas Peterffy

3. sweet jesus! that's a first!

one for the recordbooks...

4. Now you wish you were with IB!

5. I got the rebate. Free commissions for me this month.:) Luckily, I didn't get caught in any postions or miss any entries due to it.

6. protrader used to do that, but then most of the traders wised up......and said we are loosing more money that the commissions we pay cuz gr8trade sucs! .......so they all left!

7. You go IB! Ya think Tradestation--or any other broker for that matter--would rebate you a grand? HELL NO! It's high time some decency is exercised by a broker. IB ROCKS!:D

8. I'm just sorry my server wasn't the one that failed.