IB 1099's available

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Foz, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Foz

Foz

You can get your 1099 by downloading it off their website after you login to your account.

My 1099 says nothing about futures trading profits. Isn't that supposed to be on the 1099?

2. gaj

gaj

mine doesn't have a listing of individual stock sales (which is on form 1099 as a rule, and was on my IB one last year).

i've blipped them a note, and hope to hear back soon.

3. I downloaded my 1099 from IB and it seems to only have info for stock. No futures.

4. kowboy

kowboy

Where are the detailed stock sales on the downloaded 1099??

This is not sufficient for Schedule D as required by the IRS

5. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I did not even get mine:confused:

6. Foz

Foz

You have to download it from the IB website.

7. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Nope...I was into the statements and it was not there:confused:

8. def

def Sponsor

If you rec'd communique you would have seen this:

"Please note that these tax forms do not provide a list of your particular transactions. Interactive Brokers strongly recommends that you manually print and/or download your annual account statement. This statement will be made available in early February and will provide you with all trades, as well as commissions charged. This summary can be used for gain/loss calculations."

9. gaj

gaj

just got an email from them (a mass mail one) saying that the statement with your annual account statement (and all trades / commissions) will be sent out in "early february".

10. Foz

Foz

Ah, thanks. I didn't receive the email. Perhaps you didn't send it to people who closed their accounts during the year?

#10     Jan 31, 2003